Re: [aleyos-online] When dealing with infertility! WHo do you approach Yemaya or Oshun?

  • Iyawosito Oshun
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006
      Personally I would turn to Oshun for matters of fertility and beginnings in relationships, I would turn to Yemaya for relationship maintenance and the raising of kids.

      my 5¢, Oshun Guere

    • davidsoul720
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006
        Thats what I thought but then someone suggested Yemaya because of her
        being a mother figure!
        --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, Iyawosito Oshun
        <eccster2000@...> wrote:

        > Personally I would turn to Oshun for matters of fertility and
        beginnings in relationships, I would turn to Yemaya for relationship
        maintenance and the raising of kids.

        > my 5¢, Oshun Guere
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Groups are talking. We´re listening. Check out the handy
        changes to Yahoo! Groups.

      • seamus32
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006

          Bendiciones,

          Ashe Oshun Guere people always forget that Yalorde is the orisha of the blood, fertility and sensuality.  I don’t know how this has been attributed to Yemaya who is the mother figure Orisha.

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 7, 2006
            Bendicion/Blessings to the group, moderators, and elders...

            I find this to be a very interesting question.
            I would like to share an experience.
            When I lived in FL I would daily take my morning and evening walks on
            the shore. I would pray and give my respects to Madre de Agua.
            I remember sitting and talking to her and just patiently and quietly
            listening. I would tell her of how I longed for a child.
            She told me to bathe in her waters and pray as I rubbed my midsection.
            I was also told to take these waters home and keep them close.
            I would add them to my bath water. I also would always light a candle
            in her honor.

            And it did not take me long to concieve. I remember when I had found
            out - through my spirit guides - that it had finally happened-
            I was so excited, I had tears in my eyes and I remember running to
            the store so that I could bring her gifts.
            I brought her presents and laughed and splashed with her.
            I love her immensly.

            I was wondering... I see that there are those that are children of
            Ochun that would got to Ochun... Is it because she is your mother?

            May the blessings of love and progress always be with you

            Humbly
            ~PinkTwilight

            --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "seamus32" <seamus32@...> wrote:

            > Bendiciones,
            >
            > Ashe Oshun Guere people always forget that Yalorde is the orisha of
            the
            > blood, fertility and sensuality. I don't know how this has been
            attributed
            > to Yemaya who is the mother figure Orisha.
            >
            > _____

            <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http:/us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=41144/*http:/groups.ya
            hoo.co
            > m/local/newemail.html> changes to Yahoo! Groups.

          • Oyawole
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 8, 2006
              Alaafia:

              Yemonja is a great Mother .. she will help you with Fertility
              always .. she will help you keep the child and bear it with
              confidence. Yes, I would go to Yemonja.

              Also, I would go to Oshun .. I would use both of them!

              Oya to keep away negative winds ... and to keep the child sound!

              They are the mothers of this religion they work together ..

              They are the Iyami :-)

              Soo, there is no problem going to either one of them!!!

              Oyawole

              --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "davidsoul720"
              <davidsoul720@...> wrote:

              > Just a weird question. What would you do?

            • davidsoul720
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 8, 2006
                SO you would suggest dealing or going to all of them!
                --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "Oyawole" <sanni1148@...> wrote:

                > Alaafia:
                >
                > Yemonja is a great Mother .. she will help you with Fertility
                > always .. she will help you keep the child and bear it with
                > confidence. Yes, I would go to Yemonja.
                >
                > Also, I would go to Oshun .. I would use both of them!
                >
                > Oya to keep away negative winds ... and to keep the child sound!
                >
                > They are the mothers of this religion they work together ..
                >
                > They are the Iyami :-)
                >
                > Soo, there is no problem going to either one of them!!!
                >
                > Oyawole
                >

                > --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "davidsoul720"
                > <davidsoul720@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Just a weird question. What would you do?

              • OniChango
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 8, 2006
                  As far as I am concerned you go to Ochun for fertility dealings.  Yemaya to hold it all together.  Since Yemaya and Ochun are sisters, Yemaya took her message to Ochun and therefore your prayer and request was answered.  Give something to both of them. Many times they work together and are normally placed next to each other. Wherever Yemaya is, so is Ochun and vice versa.  The river flows into the ocean, not the other way around.  Neither is my mom so I am neutral.  There is a pataki where Ochun gives her children to Yemaya.  The same goes for those who sometimes take a while before crowning Ochun, Yemaya takes over.

                  La Bendicion de mis mayores,
                  OniChango