Re: godchild godparent crossing boundaries

  • Seamus
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 3 6:21 AM
      Bendiciones,

      How have your godbrothers/sisters delt with this since the break?

      5-5
      --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "omo_oya_carlito_ache"
      <omo_oya_carlito_ache@...> wrote:

      > my name is carlito i've studied the santeria faith for some time and
      > 3 years now i've undergone some of the preliminary initiations
      > within the faith recently i brought to my godmothers house my
      > brother and entruted her to assist him in gaining clarity in his
      > life due to circumstances surrounding his life i stared to notice
      > comments gestures of an innaproprate manner toward my brother and a
      > shift in attitude and lack of commitment with the other godchildren
      > that are in need of her assistance this created a great deal of
      > turmoil for i may not know evertthing within this faith but i do
      > know that upon undergoing any initiations the relationship from that
      > point on must be one of complete respect between godchild and
      > godmother vise versa i adressed my godmother with my observation and
      > since then our relationship has been strained my godbrothers
      > godsisters are discouraged for they are seeing the same changes yet
      > haven't had the courage to approach her i spoke to my brother and
      > explained my observations just so he can be aware do to his lack of
      > understanding of the many facets of this faith and since then left
      > things up to him to see for himself he's my brother and my parents
      > trust that i would protect him and lead him down the right path
      > under the care of the right people i decided recently i could not be
      > a hypocrate or play baby sitter to my brither and decided to leave
      > her house and the worst part everyone is talking but i know what i
      > did was right she's married and when things blow up i don't want to
      > be around when the wrath of her husband yet alone the orishas come
      > down upon that house

    • omo_oya_carlito_ache
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 3 4:38 PM
        --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, yemayasito@... wrote:

        > Alafia Carlito..
        >
        > I am a santero for 19 years....Its really disappoiting when I hear
        stories
        > like yours...it makes this beautiful religion go down the tubes...you
        did the
        > right thing....
        >
        > Italero

        thank you for your kind responce god bless
      • omo_oya_carlito_ache
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3 5:04 PM
          --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "Seamus" <seamus32@...> wrote:

          > Bendiciones,
          >
          > How have your godbrothers/sisters delt with this since the break?
          >
          > 5-5
          > --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "omo_oya_carlito_ache"
          > <omo_oya_carlito_ache@> wrote:
          > >
          > > my name is carlito i've studied the santeria faith for some time
          and
          > > 3 years now i've undergone some of the preliminary initiations
          > > within the faith recently i brought to my godmothers house my
          > > brother and entruted her to assist him in gaining clarity in his
          > > life due to circumstances surrounding his life i stared to notice
          > > comments gestures of an innaproprate manner toward my brother and
          > > shift in attitude and lack of commitment with the other
          godchildren
          > > that are in need of her assistance this created a great deal of
          > > turmoil for i may not know evertthing within this faith but i do
          > > know that upon undergoing any initiations the relationship from
          that
          > > point on must be one of complete respect between godchild and
          > > godmother vise versa i adressed my godmother with my observation
          and
          > > since then our relationship has been strained my godbrothers
          > > godsisters are discouraged for they are seeing the same changes
          yet
          > > haven't had the courage to approach her i spoke to my brother and
          > > explained my observations just so he can be aware do to his lack
          of
          > > understanding of the many facets of this faith and since then
          left
          > > things up to him to see for himself he's my brother and my
          parents
          > > trust that i would protect him and lead him down the right path
          > > under the care of the right people i decided recently i could not
          be
          > > a hypocrate or play baby sitter to my brither and decided to
          leave
          > > her house and the worst part everyone is talking but i know what
          > > did was right she's married and when things blow up i don't want
          > > be around when the wrath of her husband yet alone the orishas
          come
          > > down upon that house

          my godbrothers godsisters knew i was not one to play hypocrate they
          have been supportive of my decision and they struggle in ther own way
          on how to sever ties for they too have been disheartened by what has
          been transpiring they live to a great extent in fear or feel
          intimidated being she's a santera but god is just the santos are just
          i just hope that they follow the ditates of ther heart and above all
          else understand the santos are very understanding and see far more
          than what people care to believe and if they come before her santo
          with there troubles surly the santos and the muertos will make a way
          for them to leave if only with the peace and blessing of my ex-
          godmothers santo
        • Oyawole
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 14 3:24 PM
            > my godbrothers godsisters knew i was not one to play hypocrate they
            > have been supportive of my decision and they struggle in ther own
            way
            > on how to sever ties for they too have been disheartened by what has
            > been transpiring they live to a great extent in fear or feel
            > intimidated being she's a santera but god is just the santos are
            just
            > i just hope that they follow the ditates of ther heart and above all
            > else understand the santos are very understanding and see far more
            > than what people care to believe and if they come before her santo
            > with there troubles surly the santos and the muertos will make a way
            > for them to leave if only with the peace and blessing of my ex-
            > godmothers santo

            Alaafia:

            The Orisha do not condone foolishness .. and they should never live in
            fear of another humanbeing .. Orisha are Orisha and People are
            People. What they have been taught is fear and control ..
            unacceptable.. to treat your Godfamily like that. No one should have
            that much control over another humanbeing.

            This situation is not acceptable .. trust me .. Orisha will take their
            step as needed. Watch and wait.

            Know this you will be okayyy....!!!

            Oyalove9