Re: where r you

  • shangohp
    Message 1 of 28 , May 6, 2006
      I'm sorry to bother you, but i need to know if your located in Florida and your name is dalia, i'm looking for her and have been for a awhile now, we lost contact and i need to speak with her. Please let me know if this is you or if you know of her, she wrote a book and published about herbs , it's probably online. Please let me know you can contact me at 646 261-5462.
                                                         May Oshun Bless and Guide you

    • shangohp
      Message 2 of 28 , May 6, 2006
        I'm sorry, but the message I posted is for Yemayakid@...!! or if anyone knows the person I'm looking for she is crowned Yemaya

      • yemayakid@aol.com
        Message 3 of 28 , May 6, 2006
          i am yemayakid  who are you looking for??? i have yemaya crowned ....shirley
        • shangohp
          Message 4 of 28 , May 6, 2006
            The Person, i'm looking for her name is dalia, and she is in florida. she wrote a book about herbs recently do you know her.

          • Silvy
            Message 5 of 28 , May 6, 2006
              I know Dalia she is in the candomble group.. Silvy

              --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, shangohp <shangohp@...> wrote:

              > The Person, i'm looking for her name is dalia, and she is in
              florida. she wrote a book about herbs recently do you know her.

              > ---------------------------------
              > Yahoo! Mail goes everywhere you do. Get it on your phone.

            • Silvy
              Message 6 of 28 , May 6, 2006
                Remember it is 12 months and 7 days :)... so ad the 7 days...
                Congratulations Iyawo...

                --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "Omo-Oshun Iyawosito"
                <eccster2000@...> wrote:

                > I am a whole 10 months old today woooohooooo. You can bet I am eager
                > get my dome in the sun at non on July 4th, when my year ends
                wooohooooo!

              • Silvy
                Message 7 of 28 , May 6, 2006

                  <eccster2000@...> wrote:

                  > I am a whole 10 months old today woooohooooo. You can bet I am eager
                  > get my dome in the sun at non on July 4th, when my year ends
                  wooohooooo!

                • Iyawosito Oshun
                  Message 8 of 28 , May 6, 2006
                    Bendicion to the elders.

                    I was made on the 28th of June so July 4th at noon is including the throne time .  Iyawo and Thank you

                  • Ninepath
                    Message 9 of 28 , May 6, 2006
                      Hello, all!

                      I am still very new to Lukumi, and there's a lot I
                      don't know about the cultural norms that are part of
                      the tradition. My ile is making a new iyawo, and I
                      was asked to cook for the priests and guests who will
                      be in our house to work the ceremony. I don't have to
                      do the entire event! The initiation is already taking
                      place, and my padrino's wife is VERY efficient at
                      running the kitchen. I am being asked to cook on
                      Monday, for breakfast, two snacks, and lunch. This is
                      a very big responsibility, and I want to avoid
                      bringing any embarassment upon my padrino or ile for
                      my ignorance about what should be done and how.

                      Has anyone on the list been in the kitchen or at the
                      table during the initiation of an iyawo? What sort of
                      food was there? How did you know what people's food
                      restrictions are? Is there a proper way, or proper
                      ways, to prepare or serve the food? Is there
                      something that should NOT be served, no matter what?
                      Did anything go wrong, and if so, what was it and how
                      did it get fixed? Is there a proper way to dress, or
                      to speak...? I am the second-newest member of the
                      ile, and VERY low on the totem pole. Should I
                      morifobale/salute all of the priests if they've
                      already been there all weekend and I'm just a cook in
                      the kitchen? (I know, I can ask my padrino, but he's
                      incredibly busy, of course, and it's hard to get any
                      council from him during this time.) Any advice,
                      stories, or suggestions would be welcome!

                      I will be there tomorrow morning to observe and to
                      assist with the cooking, but again, any additional
                      ideas or experiences would be great. I'll also share
                      what I learn when I am done with it all.

                      Thanks in advance, all!

                      Nine

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • yemayakid@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 28 , May 7, 2006
                        In a message dated 5/6/2006 5:32:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, shangohp@... writes:
                        The Person, i'm looking for her name is dalia, and she is in florida. she wrote a book about herbs recently do you know her.
                        sorry hun, i dont... shirley
                      • yemayakid@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 28 , May 7, 2006
                          In a message dated 5/6/2006 8:52:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, eccster2000@... writes:
                          was made on the 28th of June so July 4th at noon is including the throne time .  Iyawo and Thank you

                          wow we almost have the same  bday .. i'll be 22 on June 30 th... small world... shirley
                        • Silvercrow
                          Message 12 of 28 , May 7, 2006
                            Sorry hon, I am located in the frozen lands of Minnesota. I know a few things on herbs but my specialty is divination with tarot and the runes. I am more than happy to pray that you contact your friend.
                            Good Luck
                            Emily

                            shangohp <shangohp@...> wrote:
                            I'm sorry to bother you, but i need to know if your located in Florida and your name is dalia, i'm looking for her and have been for a awhile now, we lost contact and i need to speak with her. Please let me know if this is you or if you know of her, she wrote a book and published about herbs , it's probably online. Please let me know you can contact me at 646 261-5462.
                                                                               May Oshun Bless and Guide you

                            I've discovered I always have choices...
                            and sometimes it's only a choice of attitude.
                            ~Judith M. Knowlton

                          • Iyawosito Oshun
                            Message 13 of 28 , May 7, 2006
                              bendicion to the elders.

                              lol I landed on Cuba on the 20th of June 2005, Turned 40 on the beach of the Comodoro on the 23rd of June. 5 days later was put on the throne and made to Oshun on the 28th, and released from the throne on the 4th of July. Last year was a hoot for those 2 weeks, let me tell ya. When I looked at my madrina and laid out the dates she just shivered and giggled, not realizing how 'it all came down'.  Gotta love the Orisha. Maferefun Oshun.  Iyawosito

                            • Iyawosito Oshun
                              Message 14 of 28 , May 7, 2006
                                Bendicion to the elders.

                                When I was made: The breakfasts included, eggs, cuban ham, bread and cafe`.  So I imagine eggs, bacon, sausage and toast should go over just fine. (Clean as you cook, you will impress them all) For lunch you might cook rice and beans and a meat of choice. Chicken seems to go well, hahaha, gotta love the chicken. You might call and see if they have beans for the overnight soak, and if not  get a bag and go thru them and soak over night, rinse in the am and take with you to start on the stove so by lunch they will be done.

                                Salute all the elders. The salute is for 2 things: 1:To show your respect to their Orisha, and for you to be lifted and receive ase.

                                As for food allergies and no-no's you can always ask before you start cooking, , " Are there any restrictions I need to be aware of while cooking your meals?" This will make you look like you care and are aware that there are potential restrictions. Write them down as you hear them, that way you look like you are on the ball.

                                Take a deep breath, relax and ask eggun to guide you thru this. You will do just fine I am sure lol.  Iyawosito Oshun G

                              • Ninepath
                                Message 15 of 28 , May 7, 2006
                                  Greetings, all

                                  Thank you, Iyawo, for your response! I am just
                                  getting back home from a long day of kitchen detail at
                                  our iyawo's "public showing." She is being made
                                  Eleggua, and was so wonderful to see! There certainly
                                  were a lot of people who came to her children's party,
                                  and just like you said, there was LOTS and LOTS of
                                  chicken! :)

                                  Breakfast today was very simple, since there were not
                                  any guests of "distinction" from outside of our ile
                                  this morning. In fact, the priests had only gotten to
                                  bed at 4:30 this morning, so when I got there at 8am,
                                  they were still, most of them, asleep. Cereal, fruit,
                                  and yogurt, if people wanted anything at all.

                                  The biggest deal this morning, and throughout the day,
                                  was preparing Cuban-style cafe/coffee, with the
                                  whipped sugar-froth and all. I am proud to say that I
                                  learned how to make it right on my first try! My
                                  padrino, and his godfather who is also the Oba for the
                                  initiation, are avid drinkers of this cafe, and since
                                  it's a bit time-consuming to make, I had to keep one
                                  step ahead of them!

                                  My padrino's wife is excellent in the kitchen, and she
                                  was busy with apple pies, salad prep, browning and
                                  roasting chicken, making limeade, and more, from 8:30
                                  onward. We cleaned, we chopped, we diced, we sliced,
                                  we cooked, we washed, we dried, we served...There must
                                  have been at least 30 people in the house at various
                                  points during the afternoon. We served black beans,
                                  rice, chicken fricasse, yucca w/mojo criollo, and
                                  salad for lunch, with key lime and apple pies for
                                  dessert--and cafe, of course! The children stuffed
                                  themselves sick with candy from the pinata, and
                                  cupcakes from the children's party. If anyone had
                                  specific restrictions, the only way I learned about it
                                  was when they passed on certain dishes or left certain
                                  pieces on their plates. No one was rude or even very
                                  obvious about it!

                                  I will be back at it tomorrow morning, without my
                                  padrino's wife. Wish me luck! I'm thinking I might
                                  make a breakfast casserole tonight and bake it
                                  tomorrow, just to make it easier on myself.
                                  Especially since pork doesn't seem to be restricted
                                  for anyone. Or maybe I'll play it safe and just go
                                  with eggs, toast, fruit, and cereal...with the
                                  requisite coffee. Especially since I don't really
                                  know how many people will be there...

                                  Nine

                                  --- Iyawosito Oshun <eccster2000@...> wrote:

                                  > Bendicion to the elders.
                                  >
                                  > When I was made: The breakfasts included, eggs,
                                  > cuban ham, bread and cafe`. So I imagine eggs,
                                  > bacon, sausage and toast should go over just fine.
                                  > (Clean as you cook, you will impress them all) For
                                  > lunch you might cook rice and beans and a meat of
                                  > choice. Chicken seems to go well, hahaha, gotta love
                                  > the chicken. You might call and see if they have
                                  > beans for the overnight soak, and if not get a bag
                                  > and go thru them and soak over night, rinse in the
                                  > am and take with you to start on the stove so by
                                  > lunch they will be done.
                                  >
                                  > Salute all the elders. The salute is for 2 things:
                                  > 1:To show your respect to their Orisha, and for you
                                  > to be lifted and receive ase.
                                  >
                                  > As for food allergies and no-no's you can always
                                  > ask before you start cooking, , " Are there any
                                  > restrictions I need to be aware of while cooking
                                  > your meals?" This will make you look like you care
                                  > and are aware that there are potential restrictions.
                                  > Write them down as you hear them, that way you look
                                  > like you are on the ball.
                                  >
                                  > Take a deep breath, relax and ask eggun to guide
                                  > you thru this. You will do just fine I am sure lol.
                                  > Iyawosito Oshun G

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                                • Iyawosito Oshun
                                  Message 16 of 28 , May 7, 2006
                                    I have always found it fascinating to watch the folks in the kitchen on ceremony days. As a Iyawo I really am not happy with the no helping in the kitchen clauselast time I asked if I could do dishes I was told, "Babies, eat sleep and poop. They don't do dishes." I miss cooking for others, I will be glad to graduate soon and be allowed in the kitchen once more.  You will do fine tomorrow. Good luck and break an egg.  Iyawo

                                  • Elizabeth A. Paul
                                    Message 17 of 28 , May 8, 2006
                                      Alafia,

                                      It must be different in my ile because I know one of the iyawos was being
                                      taught to cook acheses at the last Ocha.
                                      --
                                      Elizabeth A. Paul, Manager and President
                                      Pagan Folk, LLC dba Another Moon

                                      On Sun, May 7, 2006 9:49 pm, Iyawosito Oshun said:
                                      > I have always found it fascinating to watch the folks in the kitchen on
                                      > ceremony days. As a Iyawo I really am not happy with the no helping in the
                                      > kitchen clauselast time I asked if I could do dishes I was told, "Babies,
                                      > eat sleep and poop. They don't do dishes." I miss cooking for others, I
                                      > will be glad to graduate soon and be allowed in the kitchen once more.
                                      > You will do fine tomorrow. Good luck and break an egg. Iyawo
                                      >

                                      > ---------------------------------
                                      > Get amazing travel prices for air and hotel in one click on Yahoo!
                                      > FareChase
                                    • shangohp
                                      Message 18 of 28 , May 8, 2006
                                        Alafia Slyvia, you wrote you know Dalia she is in the candomble group, how do I access the group.

                                      • Iyawosito Oshun
                                        Message 19 of 28 , May 8, 2006
                                          That iyawo might have had their 3 month ebbo also.  Iyawosito

                                        • shangohp
                                          Message 20 of 28 , May 11, 2006
                                            please if possible, can you tell me how to contact Dalia or to access the group, you said you know her. Your help would be appreciated.
                                                               May Oshun bless you

                                          • Oyawole
                                            Message 21 of 28 , May 14, 2006
                                              Alaafia:

                                              There is a Dalia in Miami -- I am not sure what Orisha she is
                                              crowned -- I think Oshun ..anyway Dalia is a very common name. But,
                                              she is an elder in the religion about 20 something years? May be this
                                              is your Dalia.

                                              Oyawole

                                              --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, shangohp <shangohp@...> wrote:

                                              > please if possible, can you tell me how to contact Dalia or to
                                              access the group, you said you know her. Your help would be
                                              appreciated.
                                              > May Oshun bless you

                                              Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

                                            • shangohp