Oya

  • cienfire@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
      Greetings,

      Today we celebrate the feast day of the orisha Oya. Those of you who
      are children of Oya, I wish you a Happy feast Day. May Oya bless you
      all .
    • hiddenpriest
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 6, 2002
        I've always been quiet up to now, just reading what everyone posts
        with fascination. This past Friday however I finally went through
        step two (I got my Ilekes several months ago) and received
        warriors. We also had a plante and I found out that Oya owns my
        head. While I am constantly pestering my Padrino who is a Oluu and
        my Madrina to learn more, does any one hear have any information
        about Oya? Are there any other Omo/a Oya here? I would love to
        hear from you.
        Ache to All!
        Brian
      • santeriaonline
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 18, 2002
          Greetings,
          Congradulations on your warriors and guardian angel, Oya.
          Oya children are few.
          -Oya the middle sister of Yemaya and Oshun. Yemaya the eldest, Oshun
          the youngest.
          -Oya speaks in odun OSA (9)

          -Owner of winds,tornado, hurricaines
          -Oya is a warrior
          -Oya was married to Shango, and always went to battle with him
          -Oya is very spiritual
          -Oya the lives at the door of the cementary
          - Most people will celebrate her feastday, Feb 2
          -A very understanding Orisha

          I am sure your godparents in time will tell / teach you more.

          Best of Luck

          Paul
          Omo Obatala

          --- In aleyos-online@y..., "hiddenpriest" <hiddenpriest@h...> wrote:
          > I've always been quiet up to now, just reading what everyone posts
          > with fascination. This past Friday however I finally went through
          > step two (I got my Ilekes several months ago) and received
          > warriors. We also had a plante and I found out that Oya owns my
          > head. While I am constantly pestering my Padrino who is a Oluu and
          > my Madrina to learn more, does any one hear have any information
          > about Oya? Are there any other Omo/a Oya here? I would love to
          > hear from you.
          > Ache to All!
          > Brian
        • joanne giummo
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 18, 2002

            HELL AND CONGRATULATIONS......I, TOO, AM NEW TO THE TEACHINGS......BUT PERHAPS THE SITE BELOW WILL HELP YOU.....AND BROWSE THE OTHERS AS WELL............MUCH LUCK........MAFEREFUN, OYA

             http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/YANSA/page2.html

              santeriaonline <cienfire@...> wrote:

            Greetings,
            Congradulations on your warriors and guardian angel, Oya.
            Oya children are few.
            -Oya the middle sister of Yemaya and Oshun. Yemaya the eldest, Oshun
            the youngest.
            -Oya speaks in odun OSA (9)

            -Owner of winds,tornado, hurricaines
            -Oya is a warrior
            -Oya was married to Shango, and always went to battle with him
            -Oya is very spiritual
            -Oya the lives at the door of the cementary
            - Most people will celebrate her feastday, Feb 2
            -A very understanding Orisha

            I am sure your godparents in time will tell / teach you more.

            Best of Luck

            Paul
            Omo Obatala

            --- In aleyos-online@y..., "hiddenpriest" <hiddenpriest@h...> wrote:
            > I've always been quiet up to now, just reading what everyone posts
            > with fascination.  This past Friday however I finally went through
            > step two (I got my Ilekes several months ago) and received
            > warriors.  We also had a plante and I found out that Oya owns my
            > head.  While I am constantly pestering my Padrino who is a Oluu and
            > my Madrina to learn more, does any one hear have any information
            > about Oya?  Are there any other Omo/a Oya here?  I would love to
            > hear from you.
            > Ache to All!
            > Brian

            Do You Yahoo!?

          • joanne giummo
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 18, 2002

              MY APOLOGIES....IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ....HELLO AND CONGRATULATIONS....NOT HELL

                joanne giummo <giannaluigi@...> wrote:

              HELL AND CONGRATULATIONS......I, TOO, AM NEW TO THE TEACHINGS......BUT PERHAPS THE SITE BELOW WILL HELP YOU.....AND BROWSE THE OTHERS AS WELL............MUCH LUCK........MAFEREFUN, OYA

               http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/YANSA/page2.html

                santeriaonline <cienfire@...> wrote:

              Greetings,
              Congradulations on your warriors and guardian angel, Oya.
              Oya children are few.
              -Oya the middle sister of Yemaya and Oshun. Yemaya the eldest, Oshun
              the youngest.
              -Oya speaks in odun OSA (9)

              -Owner of winds,tornado, hurricaines
              -Oya is a warrior
              -Oya was married to Shango, and always went to battle with him
              -Oya is very spiritual
              -Oya the lives at the door of the cementary
              - Most people will celebrate her feastday, Feb 2
              -A very understanding Orisha

              I am sure your godparents in time will tell / teach you more.

              Best of Luck

              Paul
              Omo Obatala

              --- In aleyos-online@y..., "hiddenpriest" <hiddenpriest@h...> wrote:
              > I've always been quiet up to now, just reading what everyone posts
              > with fascination.  This past Friday however I finally went through
              > step two (I got my Ilekes several months ago) and received
              > warriors.  We also had a plante and I found out that Oya owns my
              > head.  While I am constantly pestering my Padrino who is a Oluu and
              > my Madrina to learn more, does any one hear have any information
              > about Oya?  Are there any other Omo/a Oya here?  I would love to
              > hear from you.
              > Ache to All!
              > Brian

              Do You Yahoo!?

              Do You Yahoo!?

            • stacey tomassetti
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 18, 2002
                Greetings,
                i am also interested in oya, though i am totally new
                and just learning about the religion, i look forward
                to hopefully find someone near me that i can learn
                from.
                thank you,
                brigid

                http://sports.yahoo.com/
              • discoveringmypath
                Message 7 of 8 , May 19, 2006
                  Hello,

                  Can anyone share some information about Oya? I ahve my Elekes and Oya
                  has my head but there is little information about her other than the
                  basic.
                • santeriaonline
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 3, 2013
                    ADIMUS/OFRENDAS/OFFERINGS/ A OYA