Re: [aleyos-online] oya and her signs

  • blakdaisy
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005

      It can change until the moment you actually go through your ceremony of being crowned a priest....
      shibamomndad <shibamomndad@...> wrote:
      It was determinded that I am a child of Oya at my bajada. I am curious
      about her signs and what they mean.. Anyone have any info? All I know
      is the sign that I was told I am and what it means. I know this can
      change at Icofa right?
      Michelle

    • bjamaica1
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
        Alafia,

        May I ask a related question? What if at the crowning ceremony it
        comes out that you have to be crowned another Orisha and they are a
        lot more expensive? Of course, you don't have that money on the
        spot. How is this worked out as far as the derechos and items needed
        for that week?

        Thank you

        -- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, blakdaisy <blakdaisy@y...> wrote:

        > It can change until the moment you actually go through your
        ceremony of being crowned a priest....
        > shibamomndad <shibamomndad@y...> wrote:It was determinded that I am
        a child of Oya at my bajada. I am curious
        > about her signs and what they mean.. Anyone have any info? All I
        know
        > is the sign that I was told I am and what it means. I know this can
        > change at Icofa right?
        > Michelle

        Service.

        > ---------------------------------
        >

        > ---------------------------------
      • blakdaisy
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
           a lot of factors comes into play with that.....but that is information that cant be divulged to the uninitiated...sorry

          bjamaica1 <Bjamaica1@...> wrote:
          Alafia,

          May I ask a related question?  What if at the crowning ceremony it
          comes out that you have to be crowned another Orisha and they are a
          lot more expensive?  Of course, you don't have that money on the
          spot.  How is this worked out as far as the derechos and items needed
          for that week?

          Thank you

          -- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, blakdaisy <blakdaisy@y...> wrote:

          > It can change until the moment you actually go through your
          ceremony of being crowned a priest....
          > shibamomndad <shibamomndad@y...> wrote:It was determinded that I am
          a child of Oya at my bajada. I am curious
          > about her signs and what they mean.. Anyone have any info? All I
          know
          > is the sign that I was told I am and what it means. I know this can
          > change at Icofa right?
          > Michelle

          Service.

          > ---------------------------------

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • bjamaica1
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
            I thought that would be my answer. Just thought I would ask while it
            was on my mind. When I speak to my Padrino, we discuss so many
            things that I always forget to ask something important. I will have
            to start writing down my questions so I will remember them when we
            talk.

            I have my elekes, Warriors and Olokun.

            wrote:
            > a lot of factors comes into play with that.....but that is
            information that cant be divulged to the uninitiated...sorry

            > bjamaica1 <Bjamaica1@y...> wrote:Alafia,
            >
            > May I ask a related question? What if at the crowning ceremony it
            > comes out that you have to be crowned another Orisha and they are a
            > lot more expensive? Of course, you don't have that money on the
            > spot. How is this worked out as far as the derechos and items
            needed
            > for that week?
            >
            > Thank you
            >
            > -- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, blakdaisy <blakdaisy@y...>
            wrote:

            > > It can change until the moment you actually go through your
            > ceremony of being crowned a priest....
            > > shibamomndad <shibamomndad@y...> wrote:It was determinded that I
            am
            > a child of Oya at my bajada. I am curious
            > > about her signs and what they mean.. Anyone have any info? All I
            > know
            > > is the sign that I was told I am and what it means. I know this
            can
            > > change at Icofa right?
            > > Michelle

            > Service.
            > >

            > > ---------------------------------

            Service.

          • obbalade@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3, 2005
              Se Alafia Ni:

              The guardian angel, the guiding Orisha, that directs you and walks with you throughout life has been determine from the moment of conception.

              For this reason, if a santero (much alike me) divines your guardian angel, this should be confirmed by the Divine Witness (Orunmila).  Orunmila is impartial and has no vested interest on who the guardian angel may be.

              Now, if for some reason the Guardian Angel is not the one beleived to be, and the person already started the process of crowning.  Let us say, went through entrance ebbo, and it comes out to be  a different Orisha, the ceremony must continue if possible and make arrangements for the extra financial burden if any.

              Things like this do happen, and they do a lot more often than believed.  Orisha always will make things possible, if you are already at the door.

              The above has been my opinion and it is given to this forum for it's review.

              Fraternally
              Obalade

              bjamaica1 <Bjamaica1@...> wrote:
              Alafia,

              May I ask a related question?  What if at the crowning ceremony it
              comes out that you have to be crowned another Orisha and they are a
              lot more expensive?  Of course, you don't have that money on the
              spot.  How is this worked out as far as the derechos and items needed
              for that week?

              Thank you

              -- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, blakdaisy <blakdaisy@y...> wrote:

              > It can change until the moment you actually go through your
              ceremony of being crowned a priest....
              > shibamomndad <shibamomndad@y...> wrote:It was determinded that I am
              a child of Oya at my bajada. I am curious
              > about her signs and what they mean.. Anyone have any info? All I
              know
              > is the sign that I was told I am and what it means. I know this can
              > change at Icofa right?
              > Michelle

              Service.

              http://mail.yahoo.com

              ReligionBelief netBeliefs
              Beliefs of christianityLukumiBelief system

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            • bjamaica1
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 6, 2005
                Alafia Obbalade,

                Thank you so much for your response. :-)

                Service.