Re: Characteristics

  • kingshytestarter
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 1, 2005
      This is a trip because one of the Elegua's my God Father has is AFRA
      he is always making this clicking noise, i spent the night over my
      God Fathers and he was clack clacking away he is a trip. my girl
      friends Elegua Knocks on the doors. just one big hard knock, and my
      little Elegua Barkeno loves to roll his marbles around in the little
      plate at night.

      --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "Noemi" <omiyale772001@y...>
      wrote:

      > Alafia group:
      >
      > Ochosi favorite is Anisette. My Ellegua, Eshu Afra, does not take
      > aguaardiente either. So I usually give him coffee instead of
      > liquor. Now Ogun is another story, he loves the stuff and that is
      > what he gets from me all the time. Ogun also loves sweets.
      >
      > A few months ago I had a dream I was at a catering company and the
      > person speaking to me said, go see Ogun over there. I looked over
      > and of course this person was on the move, working. He brought me
      > into a room full of cakes and pastries. Ya think he wanted
      sweets?
      > LOL.
      >
      > BTW my husband has Ogun crowned too.
      >
      > Noemi Yemaya
      > --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "kingshytestarter"
      > <kingshytestarter@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have heard that Ochosi does not like aguardiente put on him,
      and
      > i have heard he has a sweet tooth, he loves sweats. my Elegua
      really
      > > does not like aguardiente either he much rather have white wine
      > > spreyed on him, but Ogun loves the stonge stuff and cigers.
      anyway
      > i just wanted to bring to light what i have heard, maybe someone
      else
      > > had heard the same or has something to add?
      > >
      > > I personally just sprey Aguardiente on them all, it's what i can
      > > afford so it's what they get. i might leave a shot glass or two
      now
      > > and then. and just let who ever likes the drink can have at it
      this
      > > way. they get enough of my ache from the cigar smoke.
      > >

      > > --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, Ruben Feliciano
      > > <ruben_108@y...> wrote:
      > > > Hello mi gente,
      > > >
      > > > I have been a member of this group for several years. For the
      > most
      > > part, I just sit back and read the postings. I am amazed at how
      our
      > > religion transcends cultural, racial, and linguistic boundaries
      and
      > > how it has positively impacted many people throughout the world.
      > > hope to continue to hear from the many people that put their
      > > postings in the group.
      > > >
      > > > The guerreros consist of Eleggua, Oggun, Ochosi, and Ozun. You
      > > must undergo a ceremony to get your guerreros.
      > > >
      > > > Eleggua: He is always attended on Monday. He represents the
      > > crossroads. El que abre or sierra los caminos (the one that
      opens
      > > and closes the paths). There are many obras that one can do to
      > > attend Eleggua. Personally, I like variation in attending
      Eleggua
      > > however, for me, his cigar, aguardiente, and coffee are never
      > > missing. I have his maracca and his crown for Eleggua is a very
      > > special orisha for me. He has greatly protected me in many ways.
      > > >
      > > > Oggun: Oggun is considered the orisha of war. The one that
      fights
      > > and is forever working. Thus, it is said that when one is in
      need
      > of
      > > work they should ask Oggun for assistance. I attend Oggun on
      > > Tuesday. I usually blow aguardiente and cigar smoke. Sometimes,
      > > put honey on him or anything else that I prepare.
      > > >
      > > > Ochosi: Ochosi lives with Oggun and is considered the divine
      > > hunter. A very powerful orisha. I always have his annisette
      drink
      > > when I attend him. The law, police, judge, etc is said to be
      > aspects
      > > of Ochosi.
      > > >
      > > > Ozun: Ozun is said to be your head, your protection. Whenever
      > your
      > > Ozun falls for no apparent reason, you should immediately
      contact
      > > your godparents for it is a warning that sometime bad might
      happen.

      > > > I have my guerreros by the front door, since they protect and
      > > guard the ways. My guerreros have been very good to me. Eleggua,
      me
      > > ha abierto los caminos de una manera que yo me quedo bobo
      (Eleggua
      > > has opened my paths in a way that I sometimes am amazed).
      > > >
      > > > My advise for the aleyos that have their guerreros is to have
      > > faith and continue to build on your relationship with them.
      > Although
      > > sometimes it may seem rough, they are there. Talk to them,
      explain
      > > your situation and they will hear you. Above all have faith. La
      fe
      > > es muy importante.
      > > >
      > > > If anyone would like to add to my comments on the guerreros,
      > > please do so.
      > > >
      > > > Ache and Mafereffun los Guerreros,
      > > >
      > > > Ruben
      > > > Oni Chango
      > > >
      > > > nfireempress1 <goldenfireempress1@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Ok cool....that puts things into a new perspective for me...
      > > > Tell me more - particularly about Oggun and Eleggua in this
      > > > respect...
      > > >
      > > > --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, Papa Boy

      > but
      > > > Or...they