Esu

  • Esugbayi3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2000
      Alafia all!

      I seem to recall someone on this list (cannot remember who-sorry!) asking
      about various conceptions of Esu. Well, I just thought that I would run these
      sites by you. The first, <A HREF="http://www.mamiwata.com/Legba.html">Tickster
      at the Crossroads</A>, is a comparison between the Esu of Ifá'Òrìsà (as well
      as the New World traditions) and Legba, his equivalent in the Voudon
      tradition. The second, <A HREF="http://loki.ragnarokr.com/pipindex.htm">Loki:
      A Paean in Progress</A>, is an article about Loki. Loki is the Heathen
      (Northern European) answer to Esu. My blood brother is an Ásatrúar. When he
      came to understand my own interest in Esu, he passed on to me a bunch of
      information re Loki. You'd be amazed just how similar they are! Even thought
      he Viking tales are extremely different from the African ones, the Divine
      Trickster figures are very similar, indeed!

      ~~Steven <A HREF="http://www.mamiwata.com/Legba.html">Tickster at the
      Crossroads</A>