Welcome to the aleyos-online eGroup

  • cienfire@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 1999

      A place for Aleyos, non santeros to learn about santeria. Learn are the practice of santeria,the orishas (saints/santos),and eggun (el spiritismo).

      Group Manager: aleyos-online-owner@egroups.com

    • Igonz1@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2000
        --- Hello:

        Thank you for the acceptance into the aleyo's group. I am
        uninitated but have consuled with santero from bronx, NY. His name is
        John Gonzalez. That was around 1991 but I lost track of him since I
        did not live in NY.

        I have read books re: santeria. I am very much interested in
        pursuing the path of the orishas. I have just moved to Arlington,
        VA. I have seen some botanicas here and wonder if this might be a
        start to connect with some santeros.

        I would appreciate any advise or suggestions.
        Peace, Ismael Gonzalez
      • cienfire@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2000
          Hello Ismael,
          Welcome to the club!!!
          Hopefully here you will be able to find the answer to your questions.....
          My name is Paul, and I am the club moderator.
          I crowned Obatala, and have been crowned for the last 19 years.....
          If I can help you, please let me know.
          Paul
          Omo Obatala
          Club Moderator

        • Esugbayi3@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 11, 2000
            In a message dated 10/9/00 10:14:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            Igonz1@... writes:

            << I have read books re: santeria. I am very much interested in
            pursuing the path of the orishas. >>

            My knowledge of Santería in particular is limited. I practice American Ifa.
            However, I think you'll find, as I have, that all the different Diaspora
            forms are really just different variations on the same basic theme.
            Regardless of what country's version or what other traditions are combined
            with the Yorùbá tradition, the Orisha always shine through!

            Welcome aboard!

            ~~Steven
          • Gwynn
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 17, 2000
              I met Eloy Hernadez and his wife Fanny. He's a babalwo( sorry about
              spelling), they live in the Washington,D.C. area. They are both nice,
              knowledgable and have many children. If you want I could send his
              address to you. Hope that helps. Tricia