This week's Wetland Trail walk

  • TNbarredowl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
      Just a reminder that this week's walk on the TVA Wetlands Trail will be Saturday, October 3.? This will be the monthly field trip for the Shoals Audubon Society.? All SAS field trips are open to the public and non-members are encouraged to participate.? We will meet at the Complex F parking lot at 8:00.? After a few hours along the trail, I plan to visit both Wilson and Wheeler Dams to check out the gulls moving in after these last fronts.? A stop at?The Point and Town Creek Marsh are also?expected.? Five species (Ring-billed, Herring, Lesser Black-backed, Franklin's and Laughing) of gulls were present at Wheeler Dam last weekend. This extra excursion may "require" a lunch stop along the way.

      For those who don't mind an earlier start, I plan to spend a little time at the former Upper Rock Pile Campground that morning.? Meet me at 6:30 at the Wilson Dam Visitor Center parking lot (Birding Trail kiosk).? This site is also fairly active during fall migration.? After an hour plus of birding, we will head to Complex F to meet "the late sleepers".

      Come join us for all or part of the day and enjoy fall migration in northwest Alabama.

      Damien Simbeck

      Killen, AL