Surprise bird

  • orm091101
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2008
      I live in northern Limestone County, near Piney Creek. Yesterday I
      decided to walk down to the creek and to see what was about. I expected
      Herons and ducks and hoped for some owls or pileated woodpeckers. As
      soon as I approached the creek a pair of Wood Ducks came off the water
      and flew away. When I started to hike down the creek I saw a large bird
      fly out of the trees and over the adjoining field. I immediately
      suspected a large owl, but when I saw a lot of white I thought maybe a
      Red Tail hawk. In about a minute it returned to the same tree and
      perched in easy view. It was an Osprey. I got a good look. I don't know
      why it was there. I didn't see a mate or a nest, but I will be looking
      more soon.

      Rocky Baker