Re:Re: [ALBIRDS] Hooded Oriole

  • sszion@juno.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 11, 2002
      Lucy,

      Thanks, I new I had seen his name on ALBIRDS before, but could not remember where he lives

      Stephen
    • RReedAla@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 12, 2002
        WOW. To both orioles.
        <<<<<<>>>>>>
        COL (R) Robert E. Reed
        88838 Tallassee Hwy
        Tallassee, Alabama 36078
        334-283-5886
      • Larry Gardella
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 5, 2009
          It was cold and windy yesterday morning when I went to Kathy Hicks's house to look for the Hooded Oriole. I tried being still, but that didn't work out too well. So, I walked around the yard a few times.

          During the 45 minutes I spent there, I never saw the Hooded near the famous satsumas. Instead, I saw it perched in an azalea south of a bench not far from the middle of the house. From there, it flew up into a tree (Kathy identified it for me, but I forget the name) in the southern portion of the front yard, quickly disappearing from view.

          Seeing the bird was the best part of a trip to the Coast that mainly involved being there to help pick up the pieces when a long-time colleague was fired. Greedily, I tried for a doubleheader by going over to Venetia's. When I arrived, David Dortch left after having waited an hour for the Broad-billed. I added 30 minutes to his watch time but without seeing the bird, which Venetia had seen earlier that morning.

          Larry Gardella
          Montgomery, AL