Re: [albertagen] Shutting Down Mail List

  • BJ
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 17, 2000
      Hello Les
      I liked it and used it for a while but then it seemed to disappear. I
      thought it was long gone.
      While you are still here, I am still looking for a TAYLOR from Wainwright.
      I have had help but nothing worked out.
      While Alberta does have terrific records, most of them are only there. It
      sure would be nice if people like me who cannot get there could get help.
      BJ Tremblay
      At 02:18 PM 7/18/00 -0000, you wrote:
      >Hello,
      >
      >I started AlbertaGen several months ago with the hope it would benefit
      >individuals doing research in Alberta. Unfortunately the mail list has
      >not had any mail activity. Since there has been no mail activity there
      >must be no need for this type of mail list in Alberta. I will shutting
      >the mail list by Friday 21 July which will allow you to make any
      >comments.
      >
      >Thanks & good luck with your genealogy.
      >
      >Les Campbell
      >lescampbell@...
      >Edmonton, Alberta

      >@Backup- Protect and Access your data any time, any where on the net.
      >Try @Backup FREE and receive 300 points from mypoints.com Install now:

    • Les Campbell

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 18, 2000
          Hello Helen
          AM looking for a Renald Taylor who lived there in 1921-25. He had two
          children born in Wainwright, then he disaprears and the welfare steps in
          and takes the children. His wife was supposed to have been the duaghter of
          a local faarmer that he was working for,.
          He came from England to work on the harvest.
          If he disapeared, why did his wife not go back to her parents? Was there a
          touch religious group she might have belonged to . An idea I just had.
          Really stuck.
          BJ
          At 08:25 AM 7/19/00 -0700, you wrote:
          >Which Taylor are you looking for in Wainwright and for what time period?
          >There are Taylot's living here in Provost.
          >Helen
          >
          >BJ wrote:
          >>
          >> Hello Les
          >> I liked it and used it for a while but then it seemed to disappear. I
          >> thought it was long gone.
          >> While you are still here, I am still looking for a TAYLOR from Wainwright.
          >> I have had help but nothing worked out.
          >> While Alberta does have terrific records, most of them are only there. It
          >> sure would be nice if people like me who cannot get there could get help.
          >> BJ Tremblay
          >> At 02:18 PM 7/18/00 -0000, you wrote:
          >> >Hello,
          >> >
          >> >I started AlbertaGen several months ago with the hope it would benefit
          >> >individuals doing research in Alberta. Unfortunately the mail list has
          >> >not had any mail activity. Since there has been no mail activity there
          >> >must be no need for this type of mail list in Alberta. I will shutting
          >> >the mail list by Friday 21 July which will allow you to make any
          >> >comments.
          >> >
          >> >Thanks & good luck with your genealogy.
          >> >
          >> >Les Campbell
          >> >lescampbell@...
          >> >Edmonton, Alberta

          >> >@Backup- Protect and Access your data any time, any where on the net.
          >> >Try @Backup FREE and receive 300 points from mypoints.com Install now:
          >> >http://click.egroups.com/1/6346/5/_/503401/_/963929930/

          >> Visit Ancestry.com for a FREE 14-Day Trial and find your ancestors now.
          >> Search over 600 million names and trace your family tree today.
          >> Click here:

          >Visit Ancestry.com for a FREE 14-Day Trial and find your ancestors now.
          >Search over 600 million names and trace your family tree today.
          >Click here:

        • Helen Hahn
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 19, 2000

          • atelepen@edmc.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 24, 2000
              My 2 cents worth - Alberta has a relatively short history from the
              viewpoint of genealogy and most of us have only a few generations to trace
              back before our search takes us to another part of the world. I'm on
              another Alberta genealogy list which also has very little traffic.

              If anyone is searching in Mannville, Alberta I have a copy of the
              community history book and can do look-ups.

              Angie Telepenko
              atelepen@...
            • Les Campbell
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 25, 2000
                On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, you wrote:
                > My 2 cents worth - Alberta has a relatively short history from the
                > viewpoint of genealogy and most of us have only a few generations to trace
                > back before our search takes us to another part of the world. I'm on
                > another Alberta genealogy list which also has very little traffic.
                >
                > If anyone is searching in Mannville, Alberta I have a copy of the
                > community history book and can do look-ups.
                >
                > Angie Telepenko
                > atelepen@...

                Point well taken Angie. I have not taken down this mail list yet since I have
                been busy with some other things. Do you have the e-mail address to the other
                mail list, I could direct everyone from here to use that mail list.

                Thanks.

                -Les-
              • Jay W. Meeuwig
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 23, 2000