Hello

  • susie12345@xxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2 7:03 PM
      I have been on this list for a couple of weeks now and haven't seen an correspondence, can anyone confirm this email is getting through?

      Susie
    • Les_Campbell
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5 11:38 AM
        I can confirm your message did get through, now if we can get people talking
        about Alberta Genealogy we would be in great shape.

        -Les-

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5 2:28 PM
          Ahhhhh the list is alive...ALIVE!!!! ha ha ha. Well I guess you and I
          could start. I am currently living in Melbourne Australia. I came here
          this past Ausgust from Edmonton, Alberta and have been working on my
          family tree for a few years now. My research took me to Scotland in
          September of 1996 to the first International Clan Gathering of Rattrays.
          One of our members lives in Irskine, Alberta and has a data base of over
          25, 000 Rattrays.

          Would you tell me a bit about yourself and the list?

          I look forward to hearing from you.

          Susie
        • Les_Campbell
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 19 12:37 PM
            Sorry for getting back to you with a late reply.

            I am envious of your Australia residence. The weather is definitely better
            then what we have here. Although we have had a mild winter until a few days
            ago.

            I am a member of the Alberta Genealogical Society and I am researching my
            Campbell Scottish Ancestry. I have also traveled to Scotland & England and
            located some long lost relatives. My gr, gr, left England in 1851 and came
            to Ontario. Apparently his family did not know where he went to hence I show
            up 156 years later and tell them the rest of the story. My story made the
            British Press as well as the Globe & Mail.

            The mail list is new and has been inactive lately. There are several
            subscribers but not much messaging.

            How is the Rattray Genealogy going from down under? Let me know if I can
            help from this end.

            Les Campbell
            lescampbell@...

            >Ahhhhh the list is alive...ALIVE!!!! ha ha ha. Well I guess you and I
            >could start. I am currently living in Melbourne Australia. I came here
            >this past Ausgust from Edmonton, Alberta and have been working on my
            >family tree for a few years now. My research took me to Scotland in
            >September of 1996 to the first International Clan Gathering of Rattrays.
            >One of our members lives in Irskine, Alberta and has a data base of over
            >25, 000 Rattrays.
            >
            >Would you tell me a bit about yourself and the list?
            >
            >I look forward to hearing from you.
            >
            >Susie

          • Susan Jardine
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 19 3:44 PM
              Hi Les

              It is great to hear from you. My maternal grandmother's maiden name is
              Campbell, but my cousin and I have had a very hard time tracking that
              side of the family as both her parents died when she was very young and
              she moved from Boston to Nova Scotia. I haven't done much from the
              Rattray end here in Australia over the past month as I have been dealing
              with Christmas and the Australian Immigration Dept. I hope to become
              more active in the New Year and will do my husband's tree while waiting
              for info on mine.

              I loved Scotland and see the home of Rattray's (Craig Hall). I also
              correspond still with our Rattray geneologist in Erkskin, Alberta and he
              is such a help to all of us and maintains a data base for all.

              I am trying to locate some of the Australian Rattray's I met while in
              Scotland, but so far no luck..but I will keep trying.

              That is wonderful that you found relatives..that makes all the work
              worthwhile..I am very happy for you.

              Thanks for your offer of help and you do the same if you need anything
              from this end of the world too.

              Hope to hear from you again soon.

              Susie Jardine.