Re: [albanach] New Subscribee

    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2000
      At 5:42 PM -0400 5/31/2000, eoganog@... wrote:
      >Another good place to start is with the web pages of some of our members.
      >Lady Effrica maintains an invaluable resource on the web at:
      >http://www.medievalscotland.org

      Small correction -- I'm not a Lady in the SCA. (And I shouldn't
      become one any time soon, as I've only been to four events in my
      entire SCA career, only one of them in my current kingdom. ;-) Oh,
      and the only place I've seen the -a ending is on the Latin spelling,
      Africa -- the Effric & other Scots spellings are -a less, as is the
      Gaelic spelling...

      Euphrick

      PS Welcome, Bri/g!
      Sharon Krossa, krossa@...
      Medieval Scotland (including resources for names, clothing & history):
      http://www.MedievalScotland.org/
      The Medieval Names Archive - http://www.panix.com/~mittle/names/
      Consultations about re-creating historically accurate pre-1600 names:
      Academy of Saint Gabriel - http://www.s-gabriel.org/
    • eoganog@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1 5:25 AM
        krossa@... writes:

        > Small correction -- I'm not a Lady in the SCA. (And I shouldn't
        > become one any time soon, as I've only been to four events in my
        > entire SCA career, only one of them in my current kingdom. ;-)

        Well, that is indeed a shame because the amount of assistance you have given
        to people in the SCA researching their Scottish personas, on this list and
        through your web page, has been great. One of the signs that someone should
        recieve a title is when people mistakenly think you already have it!

        > Oh,
        > and the only place I've seen the -a ending is on the Latin spelling,
        > Africa -- the Effric & other Scots spellings are -a less, as is the
        > Gaelic spelling...

        True, only the Latin would have the -a. Mea culpa. (I was called into court
        recently and the heraldy, attempting to use my Gaelic title of "Tighearn",
        equivalent to "Lord", butchered the pronunciation, so I would up being
        "Tigger"! I didn't know if I should bounce into court or not! lol)

        Tighearn Eoghan Og mac Labhrainn
        Order of the Pearl * Order of the Phoenix Eye
        Militant Society of Bards
        HTTP://ALBANACH.HOMEPAGE.COM
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1 11:56 AM
          At 8:25 AM -0400 6/1/2000, eoganog@... wrote:
          >In a message dated 6/1/00 3:09:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          >krossa@... writes:
          >
          >> Small correction -- I'm not a Lady in the SCA. (And I shouldn't
          >> become one any time soon, as I've only been to four events in my
          >> entire SCA career, only one of them in my current kingdom. ;-)
          >
          >Well, that is indeed a shame because the amount of assistance you have given
          >to people in the SCA researching their Scottish personas, on this list and
          >through your web page, has been great. One of the signs that someone should
          >recieve a title is when people mistakenly think you already have it!

          But, in my case, I honestly believe that it is not appropriate when I
          have not been physically present at events. Some people in the
          kingdom ought to be able to recognize my face as well as my name
          before I get an award ;-)

          >True, only the Latin would have the -a. Mea culpa. (I was called into court
          >recently and the heraldy, attempting to use my Gaelic title of "Tighearn",
          >equivalent to "Lord", butchered the pronunciation, so I would up being
          >"Tigger"! I didn't know if I should bounce into court or not! lol)

          Now there's a mental image!

          Eafric, almost a pure Cyber-SCAdian