[albanach] Caledonian Concerts in the Carolinas

  • EoganOg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 1999
      Pardon the intrusion, but I just thought I would make those interested aware
      of a few (non-period but still cool) Scottish music concerts coming up in the
      Carolinas in the month of April.

      Dougie MacLean will be performing in Asheville, NC, at the Diana Wortham
      Theatre at 8pm, April 15th. Call (828)257-4530 for tickets and info.

      The Battlefeild Band are giving two concerts in the area. They will be in
      Charlotte at the Neighborhood Theatre on April 22. I assume the Celtic Trader
      is handling tickets, and they can be reached at (800)822-2420. Please forgive
      me if this assumption is wrong, but even if they are not, they will know who
      is handling tickets. The Battlefeild Band will also give a concert in
      Greenville, SC, on April 27, although I have no number for information. I
      suggest calling the Greenville/Spartanburg area chamber of commerce....

      And while we are on the subject of things Scottish, just a reminder to all
      that April 6 is Tartan Day, a day set aside for recognising Scottish Heritage
      in America. Please recognise this day by wearing your tartan. For more
      information, see www.tartanday.com.

      Aye,
      Eogan Og
      Tighearn Eoghan Og Mac Labhrainn, CP
      Sangster of Scotland and Atlantia
      Chronicler of the Militant Society of Bards
      <A HREF="http://www3.wcu.edu/~mn13189/sca.htm">
      http://www3.wcu.edu/~mn13189/sca.htm</A>
      Checky Or & Vert, two lions combattant, tails knowed, in base a
      mouse couchant, all within an orle of roundels, Argent.
      "A! Fredome is a noble thing. . ." --John Barbour in The Bruce, 1375

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/albanach