Re: [albanach] Searching for Thesis

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2012
      On 7/4/2012 2:02 AM, Diane wrote:
      > I have seen an article on line referring to a PhD Thesis by Hilary Paterson on how clothing and such reflected personal identity and power within our time frame.
      > Has anyone seen this or know where to find it. It isn't in the York University or British Library catalogues yet.
      ~Is this what you are looking for?
      http://www.theposthole.org/read/article/164/

      Happy 4th of July!

      Diana Cosby, International Best-Selling Author
      www.dianacosby.com <http://www.dianacosby.com/>
      The MacGruder brother series: His Captive-Alexander, His Woman-Duncan,
      His Conquest-Seathan,
      */His Destiny - OUT NOW!/*/, /*His Seduction-Griffin TBA, His
      Enchantment-Grandmother TBA*/
      //Born To Bite (Pre-Order now!) Highland vampire anthology featuring
      Hannah Howell, Erica Ridley and Diana Cosby/

    • Jody allen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2012
        Why don't you contact the author of the thesis direct...
        hp500@... This on her own page at York.

        Jody

        On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 7:07 AM, Diana Cosby <diana@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > On 7/4/2012 2:02 AM, Diane wrote:
        > > I have seen an article on line referring to a PhD Thesis by Hilary
        > Paterson on how clothing and such reflected personal identity and power
        > within our time frame.
        > > Has anyone seen this or know where to find it. It isn't in the York
        > University or British Library catalogues yet.
        > ~Is this what you are looking for?
        > http://www.theposthole.org/read/article/164/
        >
        > Happy 4th of July!
        >
        > Diana Cosby, International Best-Selling Author
        > www.dianacosby.com <http://www.dianacosby.com/>
        > The MacGruder brother series: His Captive-Alexander, His Woman-Duncan,
        > His Conquest-Seathan,
        > */His Destiny - OUT NOW!/*/, /*His Seduction-Griffin TBA, His
        > Enchantment-Grandmother TBA*/
        > //Born To Bite (Pre-Order now!) Highland vampire anthology featuring
        > Hannah Howell, Erica Ridley and Diana Cosby/

        *RINGS TRUE: Historical Research and Fact Check Copy Editing for Authors
        and Publishers * <http://ringstrue.webs.com/>

        *Seanachaidh’s Grove
        <http://www.treesforlife.org.uk/groves/grovepage.php?id=2238>-The
        Storyteller's grove- Help us Reforest Scotland's Caledonian Forest,
        dedicate a tree for ₤5 (the cost of one mass market paperback)- The Grove
        is dedicated to all Authors, Readers and Publishers of Scottish Romances
        and Historical Fiction. Trees in our grove will be planted spring 2012. *

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2012
          On Jul 4, 2012, at 5:07 AM, Diana Cosby wrote:

          > On 7/4/2012 2:02 AM, Diane wrote:
          > > I have seen an article on line referring to a PhD Thesis by Hilary Paterson on how clothing and such reflected personal identity and power within our time frame.
          > > Has anyone seen this or know where to find it. It isn't in the York University or British Library catalogues yet.
          > ~Is this what you are looking for?
          > http://www.theposthole.org/read/article/164/

          This should mean that, next to worst case scenario, you can contact the library of the University of York and ask if you can have a copy. (You may need to pay for a copy, though these days I would hope pdfs would be free) Worst case, depending on what options were chosen when the final version of the thesis was submitted, there may be up to a five year waiting period before anyone can get copies of the thesis, in which case you have to go to York to read it.

          Mind you, these days there is a good chance you can get a pdf straight from the author. Here is her page at academia.edu:
          http://york.academia.edu/HilaryPaterson

          Thesis title is "Power and Possession: The Importance of Dress and Personal Adornment to the Construction of Complex Societies in Early Medieval Northern Britain and Ireland"

          (Hah, she did her undergrad at Aberdeen -- long after I was gone, but still :-)