Searching for Thesis

  • Diane
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2012
      I have seen an article on line referring to a PhD Thesis by Hilary Paterson on how clothing and such reflected personal identity and power within our time frame.
      Has anyone seen this or know where to find it. It isn't in the York University or British Library catalogues yet.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2012
        On 7/4/2012 2:02 AM, Diane wrote:
        > I have seen an article on line referring to a PhD Thesis by Hilary Paterson on how clothing and such reflected personal identity and power within our time frame.
        > Has anyone seen this or know where to find it. It isn't in the York University or British Library catalogues yet.
        ~Is this what you are looking for?
        http://www.theposthole.org/read/article/164/

        Happy 4th of July!

        Diana Cosby, International Best-Selling Author
        www.dianacosby.com <http://www.dianacosby.com/>
        The MacGruder brother series: His Captive-Alexander, His Woman-Duncan,
        His Conquest-Seathan,
        */His Destiny - OUT NOW!/*/, /*His Seduction-Griffin TBA, His
        Enchantment-Grandmother TBA*/
        //Born To Bite (Pre-Order now!) Highland vampire anthology featuring
        Hannah Howell, Erica Ridley and Diana Cosby/

      • Jody allen
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2012
          Why don't you contact the author of the thesis direct...
          hp500@... This on her own page at York.

          Jody

          On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 7:07 AM, Diana Cosby <diana@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > On 7/4/2012 2:02 AM, Diane wrote:
          > > I have seen an article on line referring to a PhD Thesis by Hilary
          > Paterson on how clothing and such reflected personal identity and power
          > within our time frame.
          > > Has anyone seen this or know where to find it. It isn't in the York
          > University or British Library catalogues yet.
          > ~Is this what you are looking for?
          > http://www.theposthole.org/read/article/164/
          >
          > Happy 4th of July!
          >
          > Diana Cosby, International Best-Selling Author
          > www.dianacosby.com <http://www.dianacosby.com/>
          > The MacGruder brother series: His Captive-Alexander, His Woman-Duncan,
          > His Conquest-Seathan,
          > */His Destiny - OUT NOW!/*/, /*His Seduction-Griffin TBA, His
          > Enchantment-Grandmother TBA*/
          > //Born To Bite (Pre-Order now!) Highland vampire anthology featuring
          > Hannah Howell, Erica Ridley and Diana Cosby/

          *RINGS TRUE: Historical Research and Fact Check Copy Editing for Authors
          and Publishers * <http://ringstrue.webs.com/>

          *Seanachaidh’s Grove
          <http://www.treesforlife.org.uk/groves/grovepage.php?id=2238>-The
          Storyteller's grove- Help us Reforest Scotland's Caledonian Forest,
          dedicate a tree for ₤5 (the cost of one mass market paperback)- The Grove
          is dedicated to all Authors, Readers and Publishers of Scottish Romances
          and Historical Fiction. Trees in our grove will be planted spring 2012. *

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2012
            On Jul 4, 2012, at 5:07 AM, Diana Cosby wrote:

            > On 7/4/2012 2:02 AM, Diane wrote:
            > > I have seen an article on line referring to a PhD Thesis by Hilary Paterson on how clothing and such reflected personal identity and power within our time frame.
            > > Has anyone seen this or know where to find it. It isn't in the York University or British Library catalogues yet.
            > ~Is this what you are looking for?
            > http://www.theposthole.org/read/article/164/

            This should mean that, next to worst case scenario, you can contact the library of the University of York and ask if you can have a copy. (You may need to pay for a copy, though these days I would hope pdfs would be free) Worst case, depending on what options were chosen when the final version of the thesis was submitted, there may be up to a five year waiting period before anyone can get copies of the thesis, in which case you have to go to York to read it.

            Mind you, these days there is a good chance you can get a pdf straight from the author. Here is her page at academia.edu:
            http://york.academia.edu/HilaryPaterson

            Thesis title is "Power and Possession: The Importance of Dress and Personal Adornment to the Construction of Complex Societies in Early Medieval Northern Britain and Ireland"

            (Hah, she did her undergrad at Aberdeen -- long after I was gone, but still :-)