Strathdon/Invernochty

  • Diane
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2011
      Anybody out there know much/anything about the current village of Strathdon which was Invernochty?
      It had a Doune there in the 12th Century. I am presuming Kildrummt Castle took over from the Doune as pemier residence in that area.

      My Grandfather was born there and I am basing my SCA persona there about the 12th Century.

      Any snippets of information would be most appreciated as I live about half a world away and cannot visit in person at present.

      Diane
    • Jody allen
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11, 2011
        You might want to contact the The Lonach Highland and Friendly
        society<http://www.lonach.org/> as
        they were founded to keep the Highland way of life in that area of Starthdon
        area alive. They should be able to help you with local information. You
        might also want to contact the Aberdeen Historical Society
        <http://www.anesfhs.org.uk/>as they may also have infomation that is useful
        for your research. But the first one should have locals you can communicate
        with for particulars. Check out their "contact us" on the menu.

        Jody

        --
        RINGS TRUE: Historical Research and Fact Check Copy Editing for Authors and
        Publishers <http://ringstrue.webs.com/>