Re: [albanach] Proper Address - Julie

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 18, 2010
      Julie Stackable wrote:

      >At least by the 15th century, the courtesy title for the heir of a Baron is 'Master'. Master is a good all purpose courtesy title for just about anything anyway. The general way it was used to indicate the heir is Master of [main lands to be inherited] which in the case of the Moray family was I think Petty, so Andrew de Moray might be known as the Master of Petty. You might check the Scots genealogies though to see if the younger Andrew was invested with any of the properties before his father's death, he might have been for such things as a wedding present, etc. The Morays had a lot of property and he might have been Lord of such and such in his own right because of property that had been given to him in his father's lifetime, therefore he would be more properly known as Lord Andrew of whatever.....

      ~Thank you so much for explaining, Julie. I'm siding with you that Lord
      Andrew is proper for my story. Thanks a ton. Hope your holidays are
      fabulous! :)

      Diana Cosby, International Best-Selling Author
      www.dianacosby.com <http://www.dianacosby.com/>
      His Captive-Alexander MacGruder/ His Woman-Duncan MacGruder/ His
      Conquest-Seathan MacGruder
      His Destiny - Oct 2011