Re: [albanach] Clan badge?

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 17, 2010
      Well, the web site you linked to claimed that the crest and tartan shown are
      for Clan MacGregor, which is the clan the MacGruder family is associated
      with. But what they show is actually the tartan and crest for the Drummond
      clan. So no, that is not accurate.

      You can see the actual MacGregor clan crest here:
      http://clangregor.org/

      Matthew A. C. Newsome, FSA Scot, GTS
      Director of the Scottish Tartans Museum
      Governor of the Scottish Tartans Authority
      ---
      www.albanach.org - writings on Highland Dress
      www.newhousehighland.com - traditional kilts

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 17, 2010
        Matthew A. C. Newsome wrote:

        >Well, the web site you linked to claimed that the crest and tartan shown are
        >for Clan MacGregor, which is the clan the MacGruder family is associated
        >with. But what they show is actually the tartan and crest for the Drummond
        >clan. So no, that is not accurate.

        ~Thank you very much for your time.

        >You can see the actual MacGregor clan crest here:
        >http://clangregor.org/

        ~I see the MacGruder name listed beneath MacGregor, so I can use the
        MacGregor clan badge/tartan for the MacGruders as well? My sincere
        thanks for everything, and I hope you have a fabulous holiday season!
        Cheers!