Clan badge?

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 14, 2010
      I am trying to find out where an accurate jpg of the clan badge for
      Clan MacGruder to use for promotion. I did find this site:
      http://www.tartanclancrest.com/free-macgruder-clan-badge.html
      How do I know if it's correct? Any guidance is sincerely
      appreciated. My sincere thanks for your time. Have a wonderful holiday
      season!
      Sincerely,

      Diana Cosby, International Best-Selling Author
      www.dianacosby.com <http://www.dianacosby.com/>
      His Captive-Alexander MacGruder/ His Woman-Duncan MacGruder/ His
      Conquest-Seathan MacGruder
      His Destiny - Oct 2011

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 17, 2010
        Well, the web site you linked to claimed that the crest and tartan shown are
        for Clan MacGregor, which is the clan the MacGruder family is associated
        with. But what they show is actually the tartan and crest for the Drummond
        clan. So no, that is not accurate.

        You can see the actual MacGregor clan crest here:
        http://clangregor.org/

        Matthew A. C. Newsome, FSA Scot, GTS
        Director of the Scottish Tartans Museum
        Governor of the Scottish Tartans Authority
        ---
        www.albanach.org - writings on Highland Dress
        www.newhousehighland.com - traditional kilts

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 17, 2010
          Matthew A. C. Newsome wrote:

          >Well, the web site you linked to claimed that the crest and tartan shown are
          >for Clan MacGregor, which is the clan the MacGruder family is associated
          >with. But what they show is actually the tartan and crest for the Drummond
          >clan. So no, that is not accurate.

          ~Thank you very much for your time.

          >You can see the actual MacGregor clan crest here:
          >http://clangregor.org/

          ~I see the MacGruder name listed beneath MacGregor, so I can use the
          MacGregor clan badge/tartan for the MacGruders as well? My sincere
          thanks for everything, and I hope you have a fabulous holiday season!
          Cheers!