book on the Picts???

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2010
      I'm trying to help someone out. Their question:

      Book advice wanted... I'm looking at getting a book on the Picts as they
      are one part of Scottish history that I understand the least. So, I am
      looking for suggestions though I have found two potential purchases on
      Amazon:

      "Picts, Gaels and Scots" by Sally Foster

      "A New History of the Picts" by Stuart McHardy on

      *Any comments, suggestions are sincerely appreciated. Thank you very
      much for your time.

      Diana
      www.dianacosby.com <http://www.dianacosby.com/>
      His Captive/Alexander MacGruder
      His Woman/Duncan MacGruder - 4 star Romantic Times review - 2009
      Booksellers Best Finalist
      His Conquest - Pre-Order now! / His Destiny - Nov 2011

    • Sebhdann
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2010
        Diana,

        May I recommend you posting this over on the SCA Pictish loop? Or if you
        don't wish to join the group just to post this query, let me know and I will
        cross-post it for you. While the SCA Pictish loop is primarily for SCA
        folks interested in a Pictish persona, I think an individual who is not SCA
        but has an honest desire to learn about the Picts from other Pictophiles
        would be welcome to join the loop. It is a *very *low traffic loop, but it
        has some fascinating discussions and some wonderful photo albums.

        Funny you should be asking about books about the Picts, because I am
        currently reading *The Pictish Conquest: The Battle of Dunnichen 685 & The
        Birth of Scotland* by James E. Fraser. And after that's finished, it's on
        to *The Age of the Picts*, by W. A. Cummins. I'm trying to learn more about
        the Pictish half of my SCA persona and I'm very keen on reading good
        non-fiction about them!

        --
        Sl´┐Żn!

        Sebhdann ingen Cinaedha
        Shire of Wyewood, An Tir
        Clannet, Clan Carn

        *mka Sue V.*

        Move Your Feet to a Marching Drum
        We'll win the war and pay the toll,
        We'll Fight as One in Heart and Soul
        --'The March of Cambreadth'--Heather Alexander

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2010
          Sebhdann wrote:

          >Diana,
          >
          >May I recommend you posting this over on the SCA Pictish loop? Or if you
          >don't wish to join the group just to post this query, let me know and I will
          >cross-post it for you. While the SCA Pictish loop is primarily for SCA
          >folks interested in a Pictish persona, I think an individual who is not SCA
          >but has an honest desire to learn about the Picts from other Pictophiles
          >would be welcome to join the loop. It is a *very *low traffic loop, but it
          >has some fascinating discussions and some wonderful photo albums.
          >
          >Funny you should be asking about books about the Picts, because I am
          >currently reading *The Pictish Conquest: The Battle of Dunnichen 685 & The
          >Birth of Scotland* by James E. Fraser. And after that's finished, it's on
          >to *The Age of the Picts*, by W. A. Cummins. I'm trying to learn more about
          >the Pictish half of my SCA persona and I'm very keen on reading good
          >non-fiction about them!

          ~Thank you very much for your reply. I sincerely appreciate everything!