David de Moravia???

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2010
      I've been researching David de Moravia, who during my story time
      frame, July 1297, was a Parson of Bothwell, and the uncle to Sir Andrew
      de Moray. Also, David de Moravia was the Leader of the Northern
      Resistance. Two questions:

      1. This means that David de Moravia indeed led troops and fought,
      correct? I ask as I hate to assume.
      2. What is the proper address for a Parson? For example, if someone
      sees him and says, "Oh, that's XXXXX." ??? I don't think I say Vicar,
      but I'm unsure.

      Thank you very much. I sincerely appreciate your time.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2010
        At 6:21 PM -0600 1/20/10, Diana Cosby wrote:
        >2. What is the proper address for a Parson? For example, if someone
        >sees him and says, "Oh, that's XXXXX." ??? I don't think I say Vicar,
        >but I'm unsure.

        "Sir", as in "Sir David".

        Sharon Krossa, PhD - skrossa-yg@...
        Medieval Scotland - http://MedievalScotland.org/
        Support MedievalScotland.org when shopping at Amazon:
        US: http://www.amazon.com/?tag=medievalscotland
        UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/?tag=medievalscotla02
        The Medieval Names Archive - http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2010
          Sharon L. Krossa wrote:

          >At 6:21 PM -0600 1/20/10, Diana Cosby wrote:
          >

          >>2. What is the proper address for a Parson? For example, if someone
          >>sees him and says, "Oh, that's XXXXX." ??? I don't think I say Vicar,
          >>but I'm unsure.
          >>

          >"Sir", as in "Sir David".

          ~Thank you SO much, Sharon. A huge thanks! I hope your 2010 is filled
          with blessings!