Coat of Arms images?

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2009
      I am gearing up to do promotion for my medieval Scottish series, and I'm
      searching for a clan crest/badge for the Drummond clan. My question, is
      there rights on the image? Where can I find accurate, downloadable
      images for promotion use for Clan Drummond? Any assistance/guidance
      would be greatly appreciated.

      Sincerely,
      Diana
      www.dianacosby.com <http://www.dianacosby.com/>
      His Captive/Alexander MacGruder
      His Woman/Duncan MacGruder - 4 star Romantic Times review - 2009 Maggie
      Awards Finalist
      His Conquest - Nov 2010 / His Destiny - Nov 2011

    • Robert Sehon
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 28, 2009
        Diana,

        Have you contacted the Clan Chief directly?  With a suitable explanation of why you want to use it, most Chiefs would be delighted to give permission because it will promote the Clan.  Just realize the image must be belted.  Without the belt you're looking at the Clan Chiefs crest from his coat of arms.

        Regards,

        Rob Sehon

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009
          And don't forget that the badge is usually displayed on stationary and other printed material with the caption "The crest of the clan chief" in Egnlish or Gaelic.

          T.

          "Happy to meet, sorry to part, happy to meet once more!"
          -- The Bon Accord, motto of Aberdeen, Scotland