Researching Andrew De Moray - resources?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 18, 2009
      I am researching Scotland, 1297 and have become fascinated with
      Andrew De Moray and his part of Scotland's fight for independence. Does
      anyone have any resources they would recommend? My two favorite
      research books that I'm using now are:
      "The Scottish War of Independence," by Evan Macleod Barron
      "Robert Bruce & The Community of The Realm of Scotland," by Geoffrey
      W.S. Barrow

      My sincere thanks for your time.

      Diana
      2009 Booksellers Best Finalist
      www.dianacosby.com
      His Captive/Alexander MacGruder
      His Woman/Duncan MacGruder - 4 star Romantic Times review
      Title TBA/Nov 2010/Seathan MacGruder; Title/Patrik [Cleary]
      MacGruder/Tentatively Nov 2011]
    • Todd Wilkinson
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 22, 2009
        Diana,

        Whilst not about DeMornay per se, a very good book about the period is Alan Young's Robert the Bruce's Rivals: The Comyns, 1212-1314 from Tuckwell Press (1998).

        Regards,

        Todd

        "Happy to meet, sorry to part, happy to meet once more!"
        -- The Bon Accord, motto of Aberdeen, Scotland

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 22, 2009
          Todd Wilkinson wrote:

          >Diana,
          >
          >Whilst not about DeMornay per se, a very good book about the period is Alan Young's Robert the Bruce's Rivals: The Comyns, 1212-1314 from Tuckwell Press (1998).

          ~Thanks, Todd, I'll definitely go through that. I appreciate your
          time. Enjoy your evening!