Re: Hey!

  • thereelrubbaduckee
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2008
      --- In albanach@yahoogroups.com, Diana Cosby <diana@...> wrote:

      > Julie Stackable <malvoisine@...> wrote: Okay. Mouseketeer rollcall
      here guys - what the heck is up? What
      > happened to everyone?
      Sorry, massive Intrusion of "real life" also. Lost total connection
      with the reenactment scene.
      Its almost impossible to find a decent clan here in Germany.
      Authenticity is not always given (and apparently not a must, as long as
      you can drink eveyone under the table....)and no one who subscribes to
      the same timeperiod as I, they are all more interested in the 1600. Or
      heavy drinking.....
      I'm so tired of them running around in the royal stewart pleated skirts
      from Marks&Spencer (or C&A in Germany) Makes them look like a bunch of
      silly schoolgirls!
      Considering moving to Scotland.....
    • Scott McDonald
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2008
        What part of Texas?
        I was raised in the Big Bend area, but now live just North of Galveston.

        To Margaret: May the best of luck and medicine be with your family!

        Scott

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2008
          Yup, here I am, still here. Lurking, mostly, but present and accounted for, nevertheless. I grieve for your loss.

          Nigel

          Okay. Mouseketeer rollcall here guys - what the heck is up? What

          happened to everyone?

          My life has been very complicated - both my in-laws were recently

          diagnosed with cancer and my son just started middle school....

          So what is up with you people, what is your excuse....?

          Hellooooooooooooooo ??

          Anybody out there????

          Margaret Hepburn,

          Still in Caid

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 3, 2008
            Scott McDonald <bamberggreenman@...> wrote: What part of Texas?
            I was raised in the Big Bend area, but now live just North of Galveston.

            ~I'm north of Dallas. :) Nice to meet you.
            Diana
            www.dianacosby.com
            Zebra/His Captive/Alexander MacGruder
            Zebra/His Woman/December 08/Duncan MacGruder

          • pixierosedragon
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 3, 2008
              I went to junior high in Alpine, and I also lived in Ft. Stockton for
              a bit. I live in Florida now.

              --- In albanach@yahoogroups.com, Diana Cosby <diana@...> wrote:

              > Scott McDonald <bamberggreenman@...> wrote: What part of Texas?
              > I was raised in the Big Bend area, but now live just North of
              Galveston.

              > ~I'm north of Dallas. :) Nice to meet you.
              > Diana
              > www.dianacosby.com
            • Scott McDonald
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                Oh yeah?  I rented the Kimball's house on "Twin Sisters" mountain, while living in Alpine during college...But I grew-up in Balmorhea.

                I have family in Ft. Stockton.  Did you know the Hayter's?

                I went to junior high in Alpine, and I also lived in Ft. Stockton for
                a bit. I live in Florida now.

                --- In albanach@yahoogroup s.com, Diana Cosby <diana@...> wrote:

                > Scott McDonald <bamberggreenman@ ...> wrote: What part of Texas?
                > I was raised in the Big Bend area, but now live just North of
                Galveston.

                > ~I'm north of Dallas. :) Nice to meet you.
                > Diana
                > www.dianacosby. com

              • pixierosedragon
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                  Hayters...the name is familiar, but I can't see any faces...I lived
                  out from town a bit, there is a little trailer park type complex, and
                  several small houses for rent. I used to rent one of the houses. It
                  was on one of the roads toward Odessa.

                  Did you ever see a house up Sunny Glen canyon in Alpine that was built
                  out of a stock tank? The bottom floor anyways, it became a 2-story
                  house with 2 car garage and stairs off the end that faced Alpine. I
                  helped my dad build that house.

                  --- In albanach@yahoogroups.com, Scott McDonald <bamberggreenman@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Oh yeah?  I rented the Kimball's house on "Twin Sisters" mountain,
                  while living in Alpine during college...But I grew-up in Balmorhea.

                  > I have family in Ft. Stockton.  Did you know the Hayter's?

                • Scott McDonald
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 5, 2008
                    I don't remember your house.  I do remember a gigantic A-frame back there...Used to catch copperheads out in Sunny Glen...Fun times!

                    Scott