Hey!

  • Julie Stackable
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2008
      Okay. Mouseketeer rollcall here guys - what the heck is up? What
      happened to everyone?

      My life has been very complicated - both my in-laws were recently
      diagnosed with cancer and my son just started middle school....

      So what is up with you people, what is your excuse....?

      Hellooooooooooooooo??

      Anybody out there????

      Margaret Hepburn,
      Still in Caid
    • ebrowder@widomaker.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2008
        Hi Julie,

        It has been a long hectic summer for many reasons here as well. I've made a couple of 1 8th cent dirks this summer and ordered some reproduction blackwatch fabric for a small kilt from a guy in Scotland who hand weaves the stuff.
        I have tha making of a ballock dagger in mind, but I have no idea when that will happen. I need to do some research into Scots in Virginia in the 17th and 18th centuries for a presentation and I hope that I can get into the library today for that.

        Shel

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2008
          Julie Stackable <malvoisine@...> wrote: Okay. Mouseketeer rollcall here guys - what the heck is up? What
          happened to everyone?

          ~:) We moved to Texas over the summer. School's started, and I'm working on my next Scottish medieval romantic suspense.

          My life has been very complicated - both my in-laws were recently
          diagnosed with cancer and my son just started middle school....

          ~I'm so sorry to hear that. I will keep them in my prayers.

          Diana
          www.dianacosby.com
          Zebra/His Captive/Alexander MacGruder
          Zebra/His Woman/December 08/Duncan MacGruder

        • thereelrubbaduckee
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2, 2008
            --- In albanach@yahoogroups.com, Diana Cosby <diana@...> wrote:

            > Julie Stackable <malvoisine@...> wrote: Okay. Mouseketeer rollcall
            here guys - what the heck is up? What
            > happened to everyone?
            Sorry, massive Intrusion of "real life" also. Lost total connection
            with the reenactment scene.
            Its almost impossible to find a decent clan here in Germany.
            Authenticity is not always given (and apparently not a must, as long as
            you can drink eveyone under the table....)and no one who subscribes to
            the same timeperiod as I, they are all more interested in the 1600. Or
            heavy drinking.....
            I'm so tired of them running around in the royal stewart pleated skirts
            from Marks&Spencer (or C&A in Germany) Makes them look like a bunch of
            silly schoolgirls!
            Considering moving to Scotland.....
          • Scott McDonald
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 2, 2008
              What part of Texas?
              I was raised in the Big Bend area, but now live just North of Galveston.

              To Margaret: May the best of luck and medicine be with your family!

              Scott

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 2, 2008
                Yup, here I am, still here. Lurking, mostly, but present and accounted for, nevertheless. I grieve for your loss.

                Nigel

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 3, 2008
                  Scott McDonald <bamberggreenman@...> wrote: What part of Texas?
                  I was raised in the Big Bend area, but now live just North of Galveston.

                  ~I'm north of Dallas. :) Nice to meet you.
                  Diana
                  www.dianacosby.com
                  Zebra/His Captive/Alexander MacGruder
                  Zebra/His Woman/December 08/Duncan MacGruder

                • pixierosedragon
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 3, 2008
                    I went to junior high in Alpine, and I also lived in Ft. Stockton for
                    a bit. I live in Florida now.

                    --- In albanach@yahoogroups.com, Diana Cosby <diana@...> wrote:

                    > Scott McDonald <bamberggreenman@...> wrote: What part of Texas?
                    > I was raised in the Big Bend area, but now live just North of
                    Galveston.

                    > ~I'm north of Dallas. :) Nice to meet you.
                    > Diana
                    > www.dianacosby.com
                  • Scott McDonald
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                      Oh yeah?  I rented the Kimball's house on "Twin Sisters" mountain, while living in Alpine during college...But I grew-up in Balmorhea.

                      I have family in Ft. Stockton.  Did you know the Hayter's?

                      I went to junior high in Alpine, and I also lived in Ft. Stockton for
                      a bit. I live in Florida now.

                      --- In albanach@yahoogroup s.com, Diana Cosby <diana@...> wrote:

                      > Scott McDonald <bamberggreenman@ ...> wrote: What part of Texas?
                      > I was raised in the Big Bend area, but now live just North of
                      Galveston.

                      > ~I'm north of Dallas. :) Nice to meet you.
                      > Diana
                      > www.dianacosby. com

                    • pixierosedragon
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                        Hayters...the name is familiar, but I can't see any faces...I lived
                        out from town a bit, there is a little trailer park type complex, and
                        several small houses for rent. I used to rent one of the houses. It
                        was on one of the roads toward Odessa.

                        Did you ever see a house up Sunny Glen canyon in Alpine that was built
                        out of a stock tank? The bottom floor anyways, it became a 2-story
                        house with 2 car garage and stairs off the end that faced Alpine. I
                        helped my dad build that house.

                        --- In albanach@yahoogroups.com, Scott McDonald <bamberggreenman@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Oh yeah?  I rented the Kimball's house on "Twin Sisters" mountain,
                        while living in Alpine during college...But I grew-up in Balmorhea.

                        > I have family in Ft. Stockton.  Did you know the Hayter's?

                      • Scott McDonald
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 5, 2008
                          I don't remember your house.  I do remember a gigantic A-frame back there...Used to catch copperheads out in Sunny Glen...Fun times!

                          Scott