Question - Robert The Bruce / The Black Douglass

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2008
      A couple of years ago, I stumbled across a historical fact that
      caught my interest. Robert the Bruce swore fealty to King Edward then
      back to Scotland several times over the years. Then, when King Edward I
      sent Robert The Bruce to seize the castle of The Black Douglas, when
      Robert The Bruce arrived, vice seizing the castle, he joined Scotland's
      cause for good. I looked in both Robert Bruce & The Community of The
      Realm of Scotland by Geoffrey W.S. Barrow and The Black Douglas by
      Michael Brown, but I cannot find this historical fact. Did I miss it in
      these volumes? Does anyone know any further details of where I could
      read to research further? Thank you very much for your help.
      Sincerely,
      Diana Cosby

      www.dianacosby.com
      Zebra/His Captive/Alexander MacGruder
      Zebra/December 08/Title TBA/Duncan MacGruder