Re: [albanach] Re: police procedures/jail

    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 30, 2007
      On 3/30/07, Shelton Browder <ebrowder@...> wrote:

      > .
      > Is it OK to ask an out of period question with a request for off-list
      > answers?
      > That works well on another list I belong to.

      Goodness knows I moderate this list pretty loosely. I'm not about to bring
      the hammer down on anyway. Just keep in mind that this list's stated
      purpose is for discussion of medieval Scotland, and those who sign up for
      the list are doing so because that's the kind of email they want to recieve
      in their inbox. Any posts not on topic are posts that all the many list
      subscribers didn't ask for. So let's please keep it to a minimum.

      I'd say the infrequent off-topic post isn't worth worrying about -- I'd just
      ask that you perhaps preface the subject line with "Off-topic" and keep it
      at least semi-relavant to the interest of the list. Something like that
      every now and then isn't the end of the world. But I just wouldn't want to
      see it getting to be a regular occurance.

      --
      Matthew A. C. Newsome, FSA Scot
      Curator of the Scottish Tartans Museum

    • Shelton Browder
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 30, 2007
        That is fair enough. And easy enough since medieval topics are the main
        interests of the group.

        Shel