Member Introduction...

  • Ingela F. Hyatt
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2006
      Greetings One and All,

      I just joined and thought I would take a moment to introduce myself.

      My names is Ingela F. Hyatt and I'm a published author. I write historical romances and am a stickler for historical accuracy. At the moment I'm doing extensive research for my next book, which takes place almost completely in Argyll, Scotland.

      The main clans I'm "working" with are the MacLachlans, the Lamonts, and the Campbells.

      This group was recommended to me by Cindy Vallar who is teaching a course on the Scottish Highlands to members of my RWA group.

      I will probably end up asking many more questions then I can answer...however I do believe in giving credit where credit is due and always include those who've helped me in my acknowledgements (as long as you so desire to be mentioned).

      My debut novel, A Knight of Passion, is coming out this month in print. In fact I have it on good authority that at some online stores it's already available and therefore may already be on bookshelves across America.

      I've written nine manuscripts in the last seven years, and received 128 rejections before I finally got published---yes I'm persistent. *grin*

      I just submitted the first book in my new Robin Hood series, The Sherwood Chronicles, to my editor, and this present book I'm working on is book two in the series.

      I have found in the past that SCA groups are wonderful source of historical information.

      Thank you for letting me join this group.

      Sincerely,

      Ingela F. Hyatt

      A KNIGHT OF PASSION --- Available NOW from Samhain Publishing
      Read: http://www.IngelaHyatt.com
      Order: http://www.SamhainPublishing.com/AKnightofPassion.shtml

      REVIEWS:

      "everything that readers of historical romance could desire... outstanding..."
      ---Romance Junkies, 4.5 Blue Ribbon Review

      "intriguing... sizzling hot... passionate and romantic... a story well worth the read."
      ---Love Romances & More, 5 Hearts Review

      "a wonderful book... vividly real... amazing talent... fascinating..."
      ---Just Erotic Romance Reviews, 4/5 Star Review

      "...I didn't want this story to end... Go now and pick this one up!"
      ---JoyfullyReviewed.com

      "...daring swordfights, engaging dialogue, and scorching sex scenes... Absolutely stupendous!"
      ---Coffee Time Romance, 5 Cup Review

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2006
        Ingela F. Hyatt wrote: Greetings One and All, I just joined and
        thought I would take a moment to introduce myself. My names is Ingela F.
        Hyatt and I'm a published author. I write historical romances and am a
        stickler for historical accuracy. At the moment I'm doing extensive
        research for my next book, which takes place almost completely in
        Argyll, Scotland.

        ~Nice meeting you, Ingela. I write in The Bruce/Wallace era and like my
        facts accurate as well.

        >The main clans I'm "working" with are the MacLachlans, the Lamonts, and the Campbells. This group was recommended to me by Cindy Vallar who is teaching a course on the Scottish Highlands to members of my RWA group.

        ~Cindy is great.

        >I will probably end up asking many more questions then I can answer...however I do believe in giving credit where credit is due and always include those who've helped me in my acknowledgments (as long as you so desire to be mentioned). My debut novel, A Knight of Passion, is coming out this month in print. In fact I have it on good authority that at some online stores it's already available and therefore may already be on bookshelves across America.

        ~Congratulations on your release.

        >I've written nine manuscripts in the last seven years, and received 128 rejections before I finally got published---yes I'm persistent. *grin*

        ~*Smile* I hear you. I quit counting when I hit 100 rejections a
        couple of years ago. I was working on my 11th manuscript when I
        received the call. I know you're on cloud nine.

        >I just submitted the first book in my new Robin Hood series, The Sherwood Chronicles, to my editor, and this present book I'm working on is book two in the series. I have found in the past that SCA groups are wonderful source of historical information.

        ~I agree. I've had the pleasure to attend an SCA event, amazing. Nice
        meeting you and I look forward to your posts.
        Diana Cosby

        Title TBA/Zebra Books/7 Nov 2007
        Title TBA/Zebra Books/Release Date Pending
        http://www.dianacosby.com/
        Romance Edged With Danger