Hello

  • Kendra
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 1, 2006
      I just wanted to say hello to the group. I'm new to the SCA and here
      so bear with me if I come off a little illinformed. Sca name is
      Eilidh so feel free to call me that if you'd like. My personae is
      from Scotland and that is also where my sanity lies, along with my
      soul. Might sound a little cheezy I know. I look forward to getting
      to know you all.
    • leann157
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 2, 2006
        Hello Everyone,

        I am new to the list and new to SCA. My chosen period is 14C
        Gaelic Scottish. My society name is Isabel de Roys. My main
        interests right now are women's clothing of the period, fiber arts,
        particularly embroidery and how celtic and pictish symbols
        evolved and are used though the culture.
        I am looking forward to "meeting" all of you.

        Isabel
      • Erick Maxskelly
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 3, 2006
          Welcome to the group.

          --
          Ld. Earik MacSkellie
          Squire to Sir Galem Lionel Ostwestly

        • Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 3, 2006
            Dear Isabel,
            Welcome to the list! We have a wide and varied membership on here,
            most of it SCA, but we have some from other re-enactment groups. The
            list seems to go in fits & starts, so don't be discouraged if you post
            a question & it doesn't get answered for a bit. If you get a chance,
            there's a lot of information, links & answers to questions, in the
            archives.

            Hope the list can be of some use to you!

            Toujours a vos ordres,
            Margaret Hepburn
            (Outlands, soon to be in Caid)

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 3, 2006
              leann157 wrote: Hello Everyone, I am new to the list and new to SCA. My
              chosen period is 14C Gaelic Scottish. My society name is Isabel de Roys.
              My main interests right now are women's clothing of the period, fiber
              arts, particularly embroidery and how celtic and pictish symbols evolved
              and are used though the culture. I am looking forward to "meeting" all
              of you.

              ~Welcome, Isabele. I've not delved too far into the fiber and embroidery
              aspects of the period. I write Scottish historicals and my main focus is
              on the time frame of Robert The Bruce and William Wallace. I'm not a
              member of the SCA, but a couple of years ago, I was invited to the
              crowning event, forgive me if this is the incorrect term, of Stephan et
              Niobe in the Kingdom of Atlantia. It was amazing and I'll never forget
              it. And, I was also invited and attended a sparring practice in Virginia
              Beach once. Very interesting, and I deeply appreciate the expertise and
              willingness to share knowledge of the SCA. I think you'll enjoy this
              list. Again, welcome.
              Diana Cosby
              November or December of 07 release of 1st Scottish historical. Title TBA.
              www.dianacosby.com
              Romance Edged With Danger
              Destiny is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is
              a thing to be achieved. – William Jennings Bryan
            • J.L. Fisher
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 3, 2006
                Welcome, Isabel. The evolution of Pictish and Celtic symbology
                is very interesting and of course full of conflicting theories. It is
                interesting
                however to do a comparison of them with some of the Sumerian, Chinese and
                other ancient cultural symbols. Knotwork was not only known to the celts...
                I have several books on it if you are interested, I can get the titles for
                you.
                Aine
                > I am new to the list and new to SCA. My chosen period is 14C
                > Gaelic Scottish. My society name is Isabel de Roys. My main
                > interests right now are women's clothing of the period, fiber arts,
                > particularly embroidery and how celtic and pictish symbols
                > evolved and are used though the culture.
                > I am looking forward to "meeting" all of you.
                >
                > Isabel

                > Scotland c. 503-1603 AD.
                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >

                > ---

                ---
              • leann157
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 3, 2006
                  Hello Aine,

                  I am somewhat familiar with the similarity between asian and
                  celtic interlace. I would love the titles when you have the time.

                  Isabel

                  --- In albanach@yahoogroups.com, "J.L. Fisher" <jlfisher@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Welcome, Isabel. The evolution of Pictish and Celtic
                  symbology
                  > is very interesting and of course full of conflicting theories. It is
                  > interesting
                  > however to do a comparison of them with some of the
                  Sumerian, Chinese and
                  > other ancient cultural symbols. Knotwork was not only known
                  to the celts...
                  > I have several books on it if you are interested, I can get the
                  titles for
                  > you.
                  > Aine

                • Kenneth Warner
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 3, 2006
                    Greetings and welcome to the gathering!

                    YIS,

                    Tighearn Iohne Makfulchiane, AoA
                    (mka Ken Warner)
                    Canton of Forestgate

                    From: "leann157" <leann157@...>
                    To: albanach@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 00:46:21 -0000

                    Hello Everyone,

                    I am new to the list and new to SCA. My chosen period is 14C
                    Gaelic Scottish. My society name is Isabel de Roys. My main
                    interests right now are women's clothing of the period, fiber arts,
                    particularly embroidery and how celtic and pictish symbols
                    evolved and are used though the culture.
                    I am looking forward to "meeting" all of you.

                    Isabel
                  • pubd2b
                    Message 9 of 21 , Mar 31, 2007
                      Just a quick hello, as I have just joined up (thanks to the mod for
                      that :) and a quick wave to Diana Cosby, fellow novelist and friend.

                      I am currently working on a Scottish historical novel set in 13th
                      century, and am scanning through the archives to learn as much as I
                      can before asking questions. I sure am glad you guys are around.

                      KC
                    • Shelton Browder
                      Message 10 of 21 , Apr 1, 2007
                        Hello and welcome KC.

                        Shel

                        Quoting pubd2b <pubd2b@...>:

                        > Just a quick hello, as I have just joined up (thanks to the mod for
                        > that :) and a quick wave to Diana Cosby, fellow novelist and friend.
                        >
                        > I am currently working on a Scottish historical novel set in 13th
                        > century, and am scanning through the archives to learn as much as I
                        > can before asking questions. I sure am glad you guys are around.
                        >
                        > KC

                      • Nancy Carr Zupanic
                        Message 11 of 21 , Apr 2, 2007
                          Greetings KC and welcome to the list!