[albanach] Celtic Knotwork how-to book

  • EoganOg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15 8:47 AM
      Hey, all. I usually shun blatant commercial announcements like this, but
      this is a book that I think will be of use to many of you, and there are only
      3 left, so I thought I would let everyone know they are available.

      This isn't really an ad, I just thought this book would be of interest--but
      if you are offended by such stuff, feel free to delete this message.

      In the last shipment of books we got in at my museum gift shop, we recieved 3
      hard back copies of _How to Draw Celtic Knotwork: A Practical Handbook_, by
      Andy Sloss. We were told that these would be the only hard back copies we
      could get. The book may be released later in paperback, I don't know. At
      any rate, I looked through the book and it seems very basic, easy, and simple
      to use. Someone with no drawing skills whatsoever could still follow the
      instructions to create their own knotwork patterns in a short time, and those
      who are familiar with knotwork designs might still find his techniques very
      time saving. The best thing is that he breaks all the patterns down into
      their smallest components so that you can built your own unique knotwork
      designs from his many motifs. He give instructions for over 200 different
      knots. The instructions are *much* simpler to follow that the Bain, _Celtic
      Art_ book. The book also includes charted patterns for knitting, embroidery,
      etc. If anyone is interested, here is the full information for the book
      below:

      How to Draw Celtic Knotwork: A Practical Handbook, by Andy Sloss.
      Hard Back, 191 pages. $29.95

      As I said, there are currently 3 copies remaining. If anyone would like a
      copy, please call the Scottish Tartans Museum at (828)524-7472. Or if you
      would like to order on line you can go to our web page at
      www.scottishtartans.org. This book is not listed on our on-line gift shop
      since it is not one we will normally carry, but just enter the infortmation
      above into the order form.

      I apologize if the commercial quality of this post offends anyone, but I knew
      that this book would be of interest to many on the list. (I may buy one and
      then there will be just 2 left!). ;-)

      We now return you to your regularly scheduled spam.
      Aye,
      Eogan Og
      www.scottishtartans.org/eogan.html