St. Andrew's Day

  • Ann M Morton
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2005
      <snip> Ranulf wrote: To all my fellow Scots and those who wish they were, Happy St. Andrew,s Day!

      Ranulf and all,
      Greetings unto you. If a reader is not Scots, they should certainly wish that they were! Thank you for your good wishes!
      Marsaili

      "Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo
      can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when
      the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones
      at the back that are killed first This natural selection is
      good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed
      and health of the whole group keeps improving by the
      regular killing of the weakest members. In much the
      same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the
      slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we
      know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest
      and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular
      consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells,
      making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.
      That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers." - Cliff Clavin

    • rowen_g
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2007
        And a good one to you all. :-)

        Rowen Brithwallt