Burns Night

  • Michael England
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2005
      For those of us of Scottish ancestry, tonight is Burns Night, anybody doing anything special for it?

      Ranulf

    • Corey Steff
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 25, 2005
        I apologize for my ignorance.... but I have no idea what Burns night is.

        Gavine
        For those of us of Scottish ancestry, tonight is Burns Night, anybody doing anything special for it?

        Ranulf

        Scotland c. 503-1603 AD.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Michael England
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 26, 2005
          Gavine,

          Burns Night is the anniversary of the birth of the Scots poet (and tax collector, hey nobodies perfect) Robert Burns.

          Ranulf
          PS: If you want to have fun look up the lyrics to his drinking songs.

        • bkwyrm@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 26, 2005
            In a message dated 1/25/2005 10:37:21 AM Pacific Standard Time,
            englands7992@... writes:

            For those of us of Scottish ancestry, tonight is Burns Night, anybody doing
            anything special for it?

            Ranulf

            Yeah ... what I get to do every *other* holiday -- go to work from 22:00 to
            07:00 tomorrow :P

            Jehan le filz Gilbert