[albanach] Recommended reading.

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 1999
      My knight trilogy is set in England/Scotland and extends through the
      years 1290 - 1292. In my research I've read quite a bit about this era,
      but it tends to be general information. Could anyone recommend a
      historically accurate research book covering this period in detail, or
      one that encompasses it? I really appreciate any suggestions. Thank
      you very much in advance.
      Ha det sa bra,
      Diana Cosby
      cosby@...

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/albanach
    • EoganOg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 1999
        Diana,
        Here are some sources I have found useful in my studies of Robert the Bruce.
        The last especially.

        Barbour, John. The Bruce. 1375. With "The Declaration of Arbroath," trans.
        & ed. by A. A. M. Duncan. Edinburgh: Canongate Books
        Limited, 1997.

        Barrow, G. W. S. Robert Bruce and the Community of the Realm of Scotland.
        Los Angeles: University of California Press, 1965.

        Donaldson, Gordon. Scottish Historical Documents. Glasgow: Neil Wilson
        Publishing, 1974.

        Lynch, Michael. Scotland; A New History. 1991. London: Pimlico, 1996.

        Scott, Ronald McNair. Robert the Bruce, King of Scots. 1982. New York:
        Barnes & Noble Books, 1993.

        Stones, E. L. G., trans. & ed. Anglo-Scottish Relations 1174-1328; Some
        Selected Documents. 1965. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1970.

        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/albanach
      • Kathleen M Hogan
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 1999
          On Fri, 02 Jul 1999 07:58:40 -0400 Diana Cosby <cosby@...> writes:
          >My knight trilogy is set in England/Scotland and extends through the
          >years 1290 - 1292.

          I like reading the occasional historical romance, especially when they
          are fairly historically accurate. What are some of the titles you have
          published? I may already have some of them, though I don't recognize the
          name [do you write under your own name or a pseudonym]. If I don't
          have any, I'll have to get some.

          Caitlin nicFhionghuin

          eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/albanach