RE: [albanach] name question

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 14 4:10 PM
      Thanks for the in-depth reply, Effric. I'll forward your email on to
      him and let you know if he has more questions. Part of what you
      suggested mirrored what I had suggested to him - that the best way to
      keep most of the elements in his name but in a more period form is to be
      Duncan McGregor McGregor (or Duncan, son of Gregor, grandson of Gregor,
      etc).

      For the record, the "of Hawkwood" is taken from his (our) SCA home, not
      a period location. Hawkwood, newly elevated to Baronial status by the
      BoD, was previously one of the oldest cantons in the Barony of Sacred
      Stone, dating back to before there was a Barony of Sacred Stone! Duncan
      was actually one of the founding members of the canton way back in
      1970-something.

      Get the new book, Early Highland Dress!
      Available now at <http://albanach.org> http://albanach.org