Re: [albanach] Re: Scotland in the spring/Cotton

  • Tina Paxton
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 6, 2004
      If I may be of assistance....I have in my possession the below mentioned
      book, "Traditional Scottish Dyes" and if you are nearby would be happy to
      loan it to you.

      Cristiane de Paxtoun
      MKA Tina Paxton
      Shire of Seareach
      Apprentice, Companions of the Silver Spindle
      Atlantian Embroiderer's Guild
      Keepers of the Clewe

    • ebrowder@widomaker.com
      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 6, 2004
        Nancy,

        Even small town libraries wil do inter-library loans with other libraries.
        Check and see if yours has this service. I lived in a very small NC town for
        many years and our library would get books from anywhere in the state.

        Shel

        Quoting Nancy Zupanic <bearpaws@...>:

        > Diana wrote:
        >
        > > ~Morel, I found a copy on www.abe.com if you're interested.
        >

        > Thank you kindly, but I can't afford to buy any books at the moment.  I wish
        >
        > it weren't so!  I depend a lot on my library, but I'll be moving to a
        >
        > University city in a few months and will have access to an excellent library
        >
        > then.  It will be too late for this particular project, but will help with
        >
        > future issues.
        >

        > Thank you!
        >

        > Muirgheal (Morel)

        > Scotland c. 503-1603 AD.  Post messages to albanach@egroups.com.  Alter
        >
        > your account or view the archives at www.egroups.com/list/albanach
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Nancy Zupanic
        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 6, 2004
          > sometimes the interlibrary loan program works with library systems in
          other
          > states, etc.&nbsp; worth looking into
          > Heleyne

          I'm certainly going to give it a try. I live on an Island (in Canada),
          which might hinder it a bit, but it is still worth checking it out.

          Thanks!

          Morel
        • Nancy Zupanic
          Message 4 of 29 , Feb 6, 2004
            Cristiane de Paxtoun wrote:
            > If I may be of assistance....I have in my possession the below mentioned
            > book, "Traditional Scottish Dyes" and if you are nearby would be happy to
            > loan it to you.

            You are *so* kind to offer me the loan of such a treasure! I fear, however,
            that we are at opposite ends of the continent. I live on Vancouver Island,
            off the west coast of Canada.

            I'm happy that I now have a plan, some books on the way, and I now know what
            to look for. So I feel that, thanks to the nice folks on this list, I am
            making some good progress. :^}

            Muirgheal
          • Nancy Zupanic
            Message 5 of 29 , Feb 6, 2004
              > Even small town libraries wil do inter-library loans with other libraries.
              > Check and see if yours has this service. I lived in a very small NC town
              for
              > many years and our library would get books from anywhere in the state.
              >
              > Shel

              It would be great if it works like that here. If so, then I may be able to
              get one of the referenced books from one of the Universities. I'll let you
              know how it goes!

              Thanks

              Muirgheal
            • scotsfencer@aol.com
              Message 6 of 29 , Feb 8, 2004
                In a message dated 2/6/2004 2:16:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                bearpaws@... writes:
                Can anyone tell me what dye plants (such as madder, woad, etc.) might have
                been grown in Scotland, or where I might find such information?
                I know that Woad grew in the highlands (Pictish Dye) but I dont know where
                else... so it kinda matters where yer doing it from

              • Tina Paxton
                Message 7 of 29 , Feb 8, 2004
                  on 2/7/04 1:36 AM, Nancy Zupanic at bearpaws@... wrote:

                  > I'm happy that I now have a plan, some books on the way, and I now know what
                  > to look for. So I feel that, thanks to the nice folks on this list, I am
                  > making some good progress. :^}
                  >
                  > Muirgheal

                  I'm glad to hear it, Milady.