On this day

  • Mac Con mac Conaill
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31 9:58 PM
      Hi all and Happy New Year! From a different list.

      On this day...

      The Sword is taken from the Stone by Arthur
      In 0633 MEICEN (Defeat, and death of Edwin, King of Northumbria, by Cadwallon, King of Gwynedd (?))
      In 1198 First "Feast of Fools" in Paris, France
      In 1537 James V, King of Scots, marries Madeline of France
      In 1559 The "Beggars' Summonds" in Scotland
      In 1651 King Charles II crowned King of Scotland, the last King crowned at Scone

      Yours in Service;

      Tighearn Mac Con mac Conaill of Clan Donald

      As long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

      Declaration of Arbroath, 6 April 1320.