Borders 1298

  • Johan de Foderingeye
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2003
      Greetings and salutations,
      I've been watching the site for a few days and think that you may
      be able to help me. My SCA persona is the holder of Herriotsfield,
      just north east of Ancrum, Roxburghshire. The reason for this choice
      is that it was the family home until about 1950. My father uncovered
      flint arrow heads from both the battles of Roxburgh and Ancrum Moor.
      Needless to say it was a no brainer for my persona. I have developed
      a rather complete persona except for one major point. If I hold the
      land from my overlord for services rendered as a scribe/
      administrator, who would be my overlord? I am tentatively using my
      lord the Earl of Buccleuch ( the Buccleuch Arms is a really nice
      place to eat and drink in St. Boswells).
      I know that this is a very specific request but, it's one that
      will really add to my persona.
      Secondly as a secondary persona I have a 1550 persona ( love the
      garb) who is trying to decide which family to support. All the local
      reivers are my ancestors in the mundane world.

      Thanks for your thoughtful considerations,
      Johan de Foderingeye del Starleaf Gate
      (Dave Aitken)