[albanach] Special day

  • EoganOg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 1999
      Someone on the Atlantian mailing lists will periodically post a "today in
      medieval history" list. Today, June 1st, this was among the dates:

      > In 1495 1st written record of Scotch Whiskey appears in Exchequer
      > Rolls of Scotland, Friar John Cor is the distiller

      I think we should all observe a moment of silence. . . ;-)~

      Aye,
      Eo
      Tighearn Eoghan Og Mac Labhrainn, CP
      Sangster of Scotland and Atlantia
      Chronicler of the Militant Society of Bards
      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/7547/eogan.html
      Checky Or & Vert, two lions combattant, tails knowed, in base a
      mouse couchant, all within an orle of roundels, Argent.
      ALBANACH Egroup (a discussion group for things Scottish 503-1603AD)
      http://www.egroups.com/group/albanach
      "A! Fredome is a noble thing. . ." --John Barbour in The Bruce, 1375

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/albanach