Scottish Headwear

  • Seumas Mac a Phearsoin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3 11:33 AM
      While participating in a local SCA demo (Canada Day Celebration) I
      got a little burnt on the top of my head. I have a cavalier hat for
      when I have my regular Rapier costume on but this time I was wearing
      the great kilt to fight in (yes, don't get me started on the why and
      why not's, it's just fun to wear and stands out in a demo to
      uninitiated folk)and I was wondering if anyone might direct me to a
      pattern or pictures so I can make a hat?

      Actually wearing the kilt, I got a funny look from a modern kilted
      bagpipe band member. I was wearing pants underneath at the time so I
      could enter the eric with no skin showing and fight rapier. After
      explaining this to him he took it upon himself call the combatants to
      fight with the glorious sounds of the bagpipes. It was all very
      moving and this gentleman even offered to teach me to play. I just
      might take him up on that ( I hear my Dutch ancestors rolling in
      their graves!)

      Thanks for your assistance in advance!