[albanach] Re: Introduction

  • EilidhOg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 14, 1999
      Greetings! I thought that while Eogan was at it, I would introduce myself as
      well. My name is Eilidh Og and I am currently living in the fair kingdom of
      Caid. I was introduced to the SCA about 3 years ago by Eogan, and I spent my
      first couple of years in the society in Atlantia (which I miss very much).
      Eogan infected me with his love of Scotland, so my persona is also a 14th
      century Scot. My primary interests are in the role of the common woman in
      Scotland during the middle ages, and in different customs of marriage and
      childrearing during our period. As soon as I get some free time I am planning
      on puttying my research on the subjects down on paper and sending them to
      Eogan so that he can get the information out to anybody that is interested. I
      am also becoming more involved in making proper garb for my persona, and would
      truly appreciate any imput that any of you have.

      Aye,
      Eilidh

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/albanach
    • H Baxter
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2000
        Please allow me to introduce myself. I have been "lurking" for a
        couple of weekks.

        My name is Heather and I am 3rd generation American. My father's
        family is from the Glasgow region of Scotland.

        I play SCA in Tucson AZ. My persona is a 16th century Lass from
        Stirling, Perthshire.

        In Service to the Dream,
        Hellyn MacGillebride
        commonly known as Hellyn of Stirling.
      • Rowen G
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2000
          Greetings, my lady. May you enjoy the list.

          Rowen

          --- In albanach@egroups.com, "H Baxter" <malkin7@a...> wrote:
          > Please allow me to introduce myself. I have been "lurking" for a
          > couple of weekks.
          >
          > My name is Heather and I am 3rd generation American. My father's
          > family is from the Glasgow region of Scotland.
          >
          > I play SCA in Tucson AZ. My persona is a 16th century Lass from
          > Stirling, Perthshire.
          >
          > In Service to the Dream,
          > Hellyn MacGillebride
          > commonly known as Hellyn of Stirling.
        • Seonaid
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 22, 2001
            Hi,

            I am new to the list and come from Perthshire, central Scotland. I
            enjoy studying Scottish history and am researching the Picts. I was
            born in St.Andrews, which was one of the Picts main areas of
            residence.

            I am also a keen photographer and have many hundreds of natural
            pictures of the Highlands and Lowlands of Scotland.

            I look forward to be here, Thanks Seonaid
          • mikelynnechris@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 22, 2001
              Hi Seonaid. Welcome to the group. I joined the group recently too although I
              haven,t seen many posts.
              I am from Markinch in Fife and love Scottish history. I am hoping to learn a
              lot from the group and hopefully I will be able to contribute something.

              Regards

              Ian McDouagll
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 22, 2001
                Seonaid wrote:  I am new to the list and come from Perthshire, central Scotland. I enjoy studying Scottish history and am researching the Picts. I was born in St.Andrews, which was one of the Picts main areas of residence.  I am also a keen photographer and have many hundreds of natural pictures of the Highlands and Lowlands of Scotland.  I look forward to be here.

                Seonaid,
                    Welcome to the albanach list serve.  I am a romance writer and am currently writing books set in 'The Bruce' era.  I know you'll enjoy your time here.
                Diana Cosby
                wulfe6@...

              • Gaheris
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 17, 2005
                  Greetings;
                  I am a new member so wanted to introduce myself. My family name is
                  Mac Dubh Ghaill. I was born and live in Southwestern Ontario, Canada.
                  My grandparents on both sides emigrated here from Scotland before
                  WW I.

                  I have a life long interest in my heritage,the history, the people the
                  land, the old ways. I have been following a Spiritual Path for some
                  years based on the ancient beliefs of my Celt/Scot Ancestors. My
                  daughter is working on a family tree and has this complete back five
                  generations. I have always loved the music especially that of the
                  Highland Pipes. I fullfilled a lifelong ambiton a few years back and
                  learned to play the pipes.I now play for fun and with a local Pipes &
                  Drums Band.

                  I look forward to meeting all of you, learning from you and
                  contributing where I am able to.

                  Gaheris
                  http://paganjourney.cjb.net
                • Joy L Fisher
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 17, 2005
                    Welcome, Gaheris. Glad to see you joined :)
                    Blessings,
                    Joy
                    > I am a new member so wanted to introduce myself. My family name is
                    > Mac Dubh Ghaill. I was born and live in Southwestern Ontario, Canada.
                    > My grandparents on both sides emigrated here from Scotland before
                    > WW I.
                    >
                    > I have a life long interest in my heritage,the history, the people the
                    > land, the old ways. I have been following a Spiritual Path for some
                    > years based on the ancient beliefs of my Celt/Scot Ancestors. My
                    > daughter is working on a family tree and has this complete back five
                    > generations. I have always loved the music especially that of the
                    > Highland Pipes. I fullfilled a lifelong ambiton a few years back and
                    > learned to play the pipes.I now play for fun and with a local Pipes &
                    > Drums Band.
                    >
                    > I look forward to meeting all of you, learning from you and
                    > contributing where I am able to.
                    >
                    > Gaheris
                    > http://paganjourney.cjb.net

                    > Scotland c. 503-1603 AD.