Fwd: [CA_Spiral_Scouts] yahoo warning for moderators...

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2002
      I got this in another group, and since I can't confirm it as a hoax I
      decided better safe than sorry. I know that the Caid list isn't on Yahoo,
      but there are so many SCA lists that are that it was easier to reach them
      all this way than by trying to send to several dozen lists :-).

      Muirghein /|\

      >Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 00:01:45 -0800
      >Subject: [CA_Spiral_Scouts] yahoo warning for moderators...
      >
      >Read this in one of my other groups.....
      >
      >Hi All! I saw this posted and thought I'd post it here too.
      >Someone has been joining communities with the nickname YAHOO
      >COMMUNITY MONITOR, and then posting the following:
      >
      > Yahoo Community Monitor says:
      >
      > Yahoo Group Managers have been receiving a few complaints
      >about your group.I am required to join your site and monitor it for
      >about one month.I will not do anything to damage or ruin your site,I
      >am only required to monitor it.The only thing required of you is to
      >accept my application and make me a Manager of your group for the
      >time I am there. If you cannot meet these requirements,Yahoo will
      >have to shut your group down.
      >

      >DO NOT!! make this person a manager! SHE/HE is a fake, and has been
      >deleting groups once made a manager. BAN the member immediately.
      >Please let other groups know about this problem.
    • Fionna
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 25, 2002
        Thanks for posting this - someone on another list that I am on sent this around about a week or so ago, and said that one of their lists had been a victim. Now, I don't know if THAT person was blowing smoke or not. But forewarned is certainly forearmed!.
        Fionna
        Muirghein <wolfestead@...> wrote:I got this in another group, and since I can't confirm it as a hoax I

        Scotland c. 503-1603 AD. Post messages to albanach@egroups.com. Alter
        your account or view the archives at www.egroups.com/list/albanach