Re: [albanach] Medieval Prayers

    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2002
      L Baker wrote:

      > I said Female Charecter (sp) because I seem to recall
      > the initial post was about a female.

      Right, but I think what we were getting at is why would a female
      character be any more or less likely to pray the rosary than a male
      character. You seemed to make that suggestion.

      > I mentioned the Rosary because it seemed...I
      > don;t know...more of a better choice for keeping the
      > mind occupied then jusy doin one prayer.

      It would certainly be a good choice for a meditative prayer. However,
      as a meditative prayer it requires a lot of focus. For something just
      to keep you mind occupied while doing other things, a single prayer,
      like the Pater Noster or the Ave Maria, seem to me better choices.

      Of course, this is a question for the author to decide, not us. ;-)
    • kathie buchanan-evans
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 5, 2002
        Thank you for posting the beautiful links for the "Our Father"...I have one in Aramaic (the original language during the time of Jesus; not Hebrew)...Will post when I find it.
        Respectfully,
        Kabespir