Re: [albanach] Medieval Prayers

    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2002
      L Baker wrote:

      > I don't Know...wouldn't it be more likely for a Female
      > Charecter in period to be reciting the Rosary??

      No more likely for a female than a male. But the Our Father is one of
      the prayers used in the rosary. The author is looking for a single
      prayer that would be most familiar to a person. The Our Father is a
      prime choice.
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2002
        L Baker wrote:

        > I said Female Charecter (sp) because I seem to recall
        > the initial post was about a female.

        Right, but I think what we were getting at is why would a female
        character be any more or less likely to pray the rosary than a male
        character. You seemed to make that suggestion.

        > I mentioned the Rosary because it seemed...I
        > don;t know...more of a better choice for keeping the
        > mind occupied then jusy doin one prayer.

        It would certainly be a good choice for a meditative prayer. However,
        as a meditative prayer it requires a lot of focus. For something just
        to keep you mind occupied while doing other things, a single prayer,
        like the Pater Noster or the Ave Maria, seem to me better choices.

        Of course, this is a question for the author to decide, not us. ;-)
      • kathie buchanan-evans
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 5, 2002
          Thank you for posting the beautiful links for the "Our Father"...I have one in Aramaic (the original language during the time of Jesus; not Hebrew)...Will post when I find it.
          Respectfully,
          Kabespir