Re: [albanach] Garderobe

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2002
      Jason Gasper wrote: Now if your knight in the story is not encumbered
      by armor and is doing it when the castle is not actually under siege,
      then it would be entirely a different situation...

      ~This is the situation.

      > Depends on the prisoner. =) If the prisoner was nobility in good
      > standing they would often be put in a lonely locked chamber (the
      > modern equivelent is a studio appt.) under guard, while if they were
      > of lower station, a prisoner of war, or other hardcase they would
      > often end up in the donjon, which became our modern dungeon.

      ~The prisoner is the lord's mistress who knows where Wallace is hiding.
      I guess that makes her very important.

      > These pits were basically caged cellers, usually without the hollywood
      > afectation of a barred window to the outside.

      ~Right. I found after I posted the e Stephen Biesty's Cross-Sections
      Castle, which is an excellent reference.

      > Hope that helps!

      ~It does. Thank you very much for your time. I appreciate it!
      wulfe6@...
      http://members.cox.net/wulfe6/
      "Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion."
      G.W.F. Hegel