New Scottish Names Articles

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2001
      Greetings!

      I have made three new articles about Scottish naming available to the
      general public:

      *Early 16th Century Scottish Lowland Names
      http://www.MedievalScotland.org/scotnames/lowland16/

      These given names and surnames are appropriate for early 16th
      century, Scots-speaking Lowlanders, based on data from the town of
      Aberdeen from 1500-1550. They are not appropriate for Gaelic-speaking
      Highlanders! (This article supersedes an earlier article "Early 16th
      Century Scottish Town Women's Names", which has been removed.)

      *Scottish Gaelic Given Names for Women (Draft in Progress Edition)
      http://www.MedievalScotland.org/scotnames/gaelicwomen/

      *Scottish Gaelic Given Names for Men (Draft in Progress Edition)
      http://www.MedievalScotland.org/scotnames/gaelicmen/

      These two are the beginnings of articles on given names used by
      Scottish Gaelic men before 1600. At the moment they are mainly just
      quotes of evidence, with little or no interpretation. They should be
      used with extreme caution and only after reading the cautions and
      disclaimers at the start of the articles and the introductions. Note
      that the information in these articles will be changing as more is
      added and corrected.

      Euphrick
      --
      Sharon L. Krossa, krossa@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2001
        "Sharon L. Krossa" wrote: I have made three new articles about Scottish
        naming available to the general public:

        ~Sharon,
        Thank you so much for your hard work. They're wonderful.
        wulfe6@...
        http://members.home.net/wulfe6/
        "Talent isn't enough. You need motivation -- and persistence, too; what
        Steinbeck called a blend of faith and arrogance." --Leon Uris