Re: [albanach] Question about Garb

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2001
      At 3:16 PM -0700 9/30/01, Michele Lefler wrote:
      >Hi all. I have a question. Can anyone give me the names of some good
      >books about Scottish garb for our time period? I am looking to have
      >some garb made and I want to make absolute sure it is of period.

      Well, a lot depends on what kind of persona and from what particular
      period. You can find references to some resources and books in the
      clothing section of my web pages: http://www.MedievalScotland.org/

      Sharon, ska Effrick
      --
      Sharon Krossa, krossa@...
      Medieval Scotland Web Site (including information on names & clothing):
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 11, 2001
        This is a great link ! I used it in researching how to make a leine
        (which is now all ready to be worn to an SCA event later this month).
        It wasn't a difficult sewing project -- just a time-consuming one.
        The hardest part was dealing with the bulk of five yards of cotton.

        Kimberley
        (who's planning to make a SECOND leine, this time fall/spring-weight
        rather than summer-weight)