Re: [albanach] Digest Number 261

  • ClanMcFlirt@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2001
      Speaking of names and nicknames. After searching through suggested online
      sites for feminine names in Scotish records, I have come up empty on the name
      Rebecca. Or for that matter almost any name that begins with an R.

      I had read a long time ago that it was originally hebrew and it is in fact in
      the Christrian Bible as Rebekkah. However, most (not necessarily scholars)
      seem to identify that name as from England, Scotland or Irland. I can't find
      which and can't find in what time period(s). My character is from the
      Elizabethan period. Is there anyone that can help me out with this?

      Thank you,
      Rebecca