Prophesy of celebrated seer, Sir Thomas Rymour of Erceldoune and William Wallace

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 6:10 AM
      I'm researching William Wallace and am trying to determine as close
      as possible when he took a step from being a loner in his assaults on
      the English, to banding the Scots in retaliation to King Edward's
      actions, which led to Stirling Bridge. From my research, it looks like
      sometime around mid 1296, after King John abdicated, this occurred. In,
      "William Wallace: The King's Enemy," by D.J. Gray, on page 56, he
      credits the vision of celebrated seer, Sir Thomas Rymour of
      Erceldoune--'True Thomas the Rimer' as one of the major reasons for
      Wallace to make the step from loner in his assaults on the English to
      the leader of the ground movement to eradicate the English from Scottish
      soil.
      The reason I'm interested in this time period and the facts I've
      found above is, for my story purposes. I'm trying to ensure that the
      below statement is accurate:

      "After King John abdicating the throne to King Edward, Scotland is
      thrown into political chaos. A ground roots movement to reclaim
      Scotland, led by William Wallace, ignites."

      Is the facts I've found solid enough to accurately support the above
      statement? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
      for your time.
      Sincerely,
      Diana Cosby
      wulfe6@...
      http://members.home.net/wulfe6/
      "Creativity is the power to connect the seemingly unconnected."
      --WilliamPlomer